Sunrise From A Duck Blind

I don't know if these are any good but I thought they were interesting. Taken from a Duck Blind at Reel Foot Lake, Tn.
50387266-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50387650-M.jpg

50387025-M.jpg

50387324-M.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Rex,

Nice shots there, brings backsome fond memories, I spent more of my time at Ballard Refuge in KY, Born north of you in Clinton KY. Been to Reelfoot lake many many times.

Nice shots,

Cheers,

Wade

This is my first year to hunt up there. I love the place I plan to go back after duck season just to photograph the wildlife. There are a lot of Eagles and I was suprised to see so many pelicans.

My favourite time of year :biggrin: never shot with a camera doing that before. LOL.................first time for everything. luv the colors. The bird hunting here in Alberta is phenomenal !!!

Keith, My dream hunt is a Canada Goose hunt in Canada. Our hunting has only been marginal this year. Temps in the 60's in January don't help at all.

We have the major flyway running through here, the goose hunting is spectacular. Been doing it for 30 years, slowly getting tired of it, nothing like a good duck battle though. Pheasant is my fav now.........birds that migrate through are in the tens of thousands including white fronted, snow geese and of course our Canada Goose. Decoy hunting is the only way, but no water shooting. All in grain fields.............shoot grouse during day to keep busy ( or snooze. lol) and back shooting in the evening in a different field for evening. Life is grand!!! Later in season you need a descent spread to bring them in but the first 6 weeks of the season is pretty easy...........
Season starts in Sept :rolleyes:

rbsmith said:
Keith, My dream hunt is a Canada Goose hunt in Canada. Our hunting has only been marginal this year. Temps in the 60's in January don't help at all.

I am extremly envious. Do they need any Land Surveyors up there. I don't think I could talk my wife into moving to Canada for the hunting though. It gets to be a sore subject around here for about sixty days a year.

Rex, i feel a Nikoncafe "Alberta" Merrit gathering about last week of September 06 coming on. Just tell wife you will only be gone less than a week :biggrin:

rbsmith said:
I am extremly envious. Do they need any Land Surveyors up there. I don't think I could talk my wife into moving to Canada for the hunting though. It gets to be a sore subject around here for about sixty days a year.

P

PixelPete

Hi Rex,
Lovely colors and I especially like that first one.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
rbsmith said:
It gets to be a sore subject around here for about sixty days a year.

60, now come on, I am sure it is more than that! lol. In my BD days (before daughter) I would be out in the field at least that many times just for doves, geese, ducks, and quail, not including Deer, and those spring and summer weekends on the water with a pole in hand.

Now with Daughter it's Whats a fish, hadn't fished in years since she got older, and the only geese and ducks I see are the ones I take photos of, etc. etc. etc.) Can't wait to retire and start back up again outdoors.

Outdoor photography is keeping me sane for now.

Wade

Latest threads

Top Bottom