1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Sunrise over the Port and City

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Minuteman3, Oct 18, 2018.

1. The port is busy even at sunrise. And Mt Rainier watches over all.

Ruston Sunrise Final.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Bravo--leading lines galore, great subject, well exposed and with awesome dynamic range, colors of the season and more.
    Stillness and calm are so obvious!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hey!! Thanks for choosing this for the feature section!!

Ken

4. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Very well deserved...

Congrats Ken.
    Klaus

5. Thats is so nice, and I so much miss the mountain when I wake up in the morning

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm glad that this thread was featured. I missed it earlier. It's a fantastic photograph. Well done!

Glenn

• Like Like x 1
  7. I agree with the above comments, it's a beautiful photo.

(Is it just my cock-eyed view of the world, or is the horizon a tad off level?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree...it this photograph were mine, I would level the horizon. If you look at the water line from the far left to Mt Rainier, it appears to be higher on the left. It is possible that it's an optical illusion and that the camera is actually positioned to be level. But, I would straighten it using that area of the frame as a reference regardless.

Glenn

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks, Glenn

I did a minor adjustment on the horizon and it looks better to me. Thanks to you and Jim for noticing and making that suggestion .... hope I hit it right this time!!

Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.