1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sunrise shoot in DC area

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Kristin, Aug 10, 2008.

1. I have the next three weeks off before the fall semester starts, so I'm planning on some weekday dawn shoots in the area. I'd like to go to Annapolis one morning, and back to Great Falls (both MD and VA sides). And any other place that seems photo-worthy. Is anyone interested in joining me some weekday?

Kristin

2. Hi Kristin,
    I'll join you in Greatfalls both Va. & Md....Just let me know when ahead of time....:wink:

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I plan to go to the Maryland side of Great Falls this Friday, August 15th at sunrise. I plan for this Friday as I will be shooting full moon at the amusement parks in PA this weekend.

4. Sounds good! I'd like to be at the actual falls by sunrise, and then maybe meander slowly on the way back to the parking lot. I will probably also be going back there Friday night for sunset, on the Maryland side again. (I wish I had gone last night - the sunset was gorgeous!).

So I'll see you in the MD parking lot on Friday about quarter to 6, or at 6? (sunrise is at ~6:15)

Kristin

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Since, I have not been to the Maryland side, I will shoot for 5:30AM and see what happens.....

Any other takers?????

6. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    I won't be there, but I'm looking forward to the pictures.

7. Wish we could do this on Saturday...Friday is work day..:frown: Can't make it guys..

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Sorry - will be in PA by lunch time on Friday - let us know when you plan another Sat/Sun morning shoot.

9. Mark, I'll see you in the parking lot around 5:30.

Like I said before, I'd like to also go back on Friday for sunset. I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it, but I'm going to try. By the way - another gorgeous sunset last night! I was at the Nats game instead of Great Falls, though.

Also, I'm thinking about going to Annapolis Tuesday morning for sunrise. Would anyone care to join me there?

Kristin

10. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Kristin, Mark, I should be able to go, if you'll have me. I will not make it in by 5:30am, but should be there by 6am. I can walk around and catch up with you somewhere in the park.

About Annapolis... that sounds really appealing. Anybody else for Annapolis? I've yet to visit Annapolis this Summer. Kristin, when do you plan to go?

Best,

Nacho
    ncordova@willamette.edu

11. I'd be great to see you, Nacho! Yeah, you can just catch up whenever you get there. I'd really like to be at the actual falls by sunrise, so I probably won't dally much on the way there.

And I think I would like to go to Annapolis next Tuesday, but if you'd prefer another day (except Wed), I'm flexible. I'll figure out where exactly once the date is closer.

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great! The more the merrier! I have not been to the Maryland side yet so I am sure there will be a lot to look at.

13. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    I'm for Annapolis on Tuesday but Great Falls is an hour from me and then I have to face a daunting return through morning traffic.

Where and when is the meet for Annapolis? I would suggest the little plaza next to the inlet on Memorial Circle in Annapolis at 5:45.

14. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Kristin, Thanks Mark. I'll be there as early as I can make it tomorrow Friday Aug. 15th. I' still have to check on the 19th (Tuesday).

Best Regards to all,

N

15. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Very nice to have met you nacho this morning - and thanks to Kristin for being our tour guide - she did a wonderful job ( Nacho and I had not been here before ). For my shots, I have to head to PA to shoot an amusement park at night so I will not get to this set until Monday evening at the earliest - I think there will be some keepers - this is a great place to shoot water, water falls, canal features, lotsa rocks and nature in general - I will be coming back to the Maryland side. Once again, a wonderful Cafe outing.

16. Annapolis

Thanks Mark and Nacho for the good time at Great Falls this morning! Mark, you must be tired :tongue: - Nacho has been there before. He's the one who showed us where the really still water was. I'll get around to posting some pictures eventually, but I'm usually pretty slow at it.

About Annapolis: here's a map I created in Google Maps to show some possible places to shoot from. KristinB, Jeffery, and I met at the Marriott dock last October, and I've also met a CMPG member at the Eastport location. Other suggestions are welcome, too. Does Tuesday, around 5:45am, sound good to anyone? (or, another weekday except Wednesday). Lew's suggestion is a good, easy place to meet (~5:30?). Or if anyone wants to carpool, I live in College Park and am happy to share a ride.

Kristin

17. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    First Four From Today

Hi Folks:

Mark, good to meet you. Kristin, thanks for the invite again, it was good to see you again! : ) Here are the first four I've had a chance to process a bit. Not sure I like the processing, but here they go. I'll post a few more later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best,

Nacho :smile:

18. Great shots, Nacho! I love the first one and the 4th one.

19. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    I'm happy to let Kristin set time and place.
    I'm coming from Columbia and would be happy to give a ride to anyone from this area.

20. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks Kristin!

Kristin, I was only able to get to those but maybe tonight I can post a few others. Thank you very much for letting me try the Singh Ray GND filter, and the holder. Just plain wonderful. Later tonight I will try to post a couple of the shots I took while trying those filters.

Saludos,

Nacho

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.