Sunrise, sunsets and night shots - in TURKEY!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
My husband and I visited Turkey in 2002. I have finally scanned my slides. As always, comments and critiques always appreciated!

You can see my gallery of images from Turkey at www.butlerkid.smugmug.com

#1 Sunset over Istanbul
1244736365_hmAEv-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Blue Mosque at night
1244735374_PP75c-XL.jpg

#3 Sunset at Pamukkale
1244755270_DqXDT-XL.jpg

#4 Sunrise in Istanbul
1244736140_zeYzh-XL.jpg

#5 Aya Sofia Mosque at night with a light dry brush effect
1244731749_RaU2m-XL.jpg

My cousin spent a college semester studying in Instanbul and she absolutely loved it. Her photos were stunning and yours are excellent as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Karen, Stunning set!

Glad you enjoyed them!

Nice work, particularly the first one.

David

Great pictures, I love the first one!

Thank you both! I was running up and down the road as I tried to keep the sun where I wanted over the skyline of Istanbul! LOL!

My cousin spent a college semester studying in Instanbul and she absolutely loved it. Her photos were stunning and yours are excellent as well.

Thanks for sharing.

We spent several days there and loved it also.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful shots! Your efforts to capture the true beauty really paid off.

I'm glad you liked them. Hopefully you also saw images of Cappadocia and other historic Turkish locations on my website.

Beautiful shots! I really like #4 the best, great tones.

Thank you! We were the only ones around the river before sunrise!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
These are scanned slides - no filters were used other than the star filter on #5. I carry filters around - especially graduated ND's - but never use them. A personal fault.....LOL!

The colors are what the film recorded!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Kris -

Cropping the top of #1 would certainly remove the perhaps distracting clouds in the upper left corner. Thanks for the suggestion. It would then look more than a panorama instead of the typical slide dimensions.

The first 3 images are good, but in my opinion you should have booted the black levels quite a bit. They seem a little washed out and this would really help the overall look and feel of the images.

The second image looks very noisy, i would definitely apply some noise reduction. I image you shot this hand held?

4th image - love it although i would increase exposure a little...

the final image seems a little off to me, the lens flare looks nice but is way to dominant IMHO, and i would again boost black levels to bring out the colors further, also increasing your vibrance might really help you...

Hope this helps :)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The first 3 images are good, but in my opinion you should have booted the black levels quite a bit. They seem a little washed out and this would really help the overall look and feel of the images.

The second image looks very noisy, i would definitely apply some noise reduction. I image you shot this hand held?

4th image - love it although i would increase exposure a little...

the final image seems a little off to me, the lens flare looks nice but is way to dominant IMHO, and i would again boost black levels to bring out the colors further, also increasing your vibrance might really help you...

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much for your suggestions! Back in 2002 I had a cheap lens and these are scanned slides. The scanning process created a lot of noise. So much so that I could not sharpen the photos at all. Scanning and addressing the noise softened the photosquite a bit. All photos were taken using a tripod and cable release.

I will try scanning the slides again.

All are very beautiful. But some are not sharp. Did you use a tripod?

I appreciate your comments! You can reference the comments above. All photos were taken using a Gitzo tripod and cable release.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom