Sunrise Turkeys

Got a few nice shots with a bearded hen.
s800.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

s800.jpg

s800.jpg

#4 6 Toms in a row!
s800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I particularly like the last one with all the toms looking like they are viewing a sporting event! Turkeys can be so skittish - were you in a blind, or downwind or hidden in some way?

--Sarah

I like that last one. Pay them off with a bag of corn?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Shots the last one is definitely my fav. Give us some detail on how you pulled these off. If I remember Turkey season starts soon.

Really like these. I too would like to know more, your gear used, settings, were you in a blind? Turkeys are one of my main subjects for the next month or so and so I greatly enjoyed this post. They are just now starting to strut around here. Thanks for sharing.

Really like these. I too would like to know more, your gear used, settings, were you in a blind? Turkeys are one of my main subjects for the next month or so and so I greatly enjoyed this post. They are just now starting to strut around here. Thanks for sharing.

It was a very clear morning but the sunrise was at about 10 oclock angle from me but the only place I could find cover not to spook them. I was shooting my D300 w/ a 300 2.8 wide open ss 250 auto ISO -.3 ev to keep from blowing out the whites center weighted meter spot focus.

Yep the last shot is stellar! Almost like they posed for you ... I think the low vantage point makes this photo particularly nice - Jeri ann

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom