Sunset at Dog Beach (7 pics)

Took my shiny new D200 down to Ocean Beach to scruff it up last week, and see how it did on AF and exposure. Nice light, but in and out of clouds, so I let fly on AE. All shots with 80-200/2.8 AFS + 1.4x Kenko except 1 and 7 (no converter). Longer reach kept me out of the fray. Modest cropping and curves on most.

Lots of fun, and boy do I need some practice!

Getting up to speed
060307_0032.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And they're off! This trio must be regulars, but they went home with different humans.
060307_0168.jpg

Next frame: Just 1/3 stop and the highlights are gone
060307_0169.jpg

Sing!
060307_0144.jpg

Tag! You're "it"
060307_0250.jpg

Is that Little Red Riding Hood in the surf?
060307_0058.jpg

Definitely a local.
060307_0292.jpg

Just thought I'd break up all the boids in here! :biggrin:

Thanks, all! Give me good light and some animal action, and I'm a happy girl.

And yes, Panos, I think there was some posing going on. Hams, all of 'em.

Very nice! I wish I could easily take my pups to the beach. folk saren't too dog friendly aroudn here. Thnxs for sharing and I look foward to lots more..

You did us Nancy's proud. Wonderful shots. I especially loved the looks on the dogs faces in different pictures. They really did look like they were posing for you. You caught them at just the right moment.

Not too shabby, not shabby at all...well, except for that one soaking wet dripping long-haired beast, that one looks a bit on the shabby side to me :biggrin: :biggrin:

There is one huge problem with this series, however. A very serious one. I keep trying to decide which one I like the best, and darnit, I can't narrow it down any closer than to 2 or 3 or 5 or 6 of them......, oh, heck with it, I like 'em all :smile:

We have a few "off-leash" areas around here, one close to where I work now. This gives me an idea for a stop on the way home from work. Hmmmm, there is an Osprey nest in the same park...........

Thanks for the inspiration........

Latest threads

Top Bottom