Sunset at Key Largo.

Although tourists go all the way down the Florida Keys to Key West to marvel at the sunsets, kind of an entertaining show by locals going there to perform, my favorite place to photograph sunsets is in upper Key Largo on the Gulf of Mexico side. I must add, favorite place during the summer months.
I was there yesterday with a recently acquired point and shoot camera made by Canon, a mere $79 retail.
There was a storm in the Miami area and apparently some of the ominous clouds moved over the Florida Keys, adding drama to the sunset. The position of the sail boat changed with the light breeze making the boat point toward the sunset. I just waited for the power boat to the left to approach to balance even better the composition. The camera has image stabilization so I set the ISO speed to 200, minus 2/3 EC and colors set to Natural. I used the Program Mode.
Amazing what these little gems can do, right?

IMG_0049_hf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thank you gentlemen for your comments. Rob, you know how convenient are these p&s cameras. My model could not be simpler, nor cheaper and I have seen already what it can do.
Lyndee, it was peaceful that evening and no mosquitoes yet but if you ask me, I would prefer to be in that boat during the winter months when it is cooler. We have hit the mid nineties in the past few days and soon the humidity will be high. It is cooler at the ocean in the evenings and most of the time there is a good breeze from the East, which makes it tolerable during daytime hours in the shade.
I do enjoy spending time there.

William.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom