Sunset from Denver today.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cwilt, Jun 1, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    First time I ever captured a sunset without bracketing. Clipped the histogram at both ends and went from there. Comments?

[​IMG]

2. I really like it..... very moody, luv how the sun is going down behind the mountains. Got to print that one and hang it. Nicely done!!!

Keith

3. Charles,

I concur with Keith: it's a great shot that would do well framed and showcased somewhere. The layers of light just work perfectly, from the clouds to the land in the foreground. Very nicely done! :lol:

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Charles, absolutely a beautiful image. The detail of the edges of the mountains and the sun rays are awesome. Definately postcard quality.

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the nice comments. I printed it a 13x19 on matte before I posted it here. :)

It took me a while to clean it up. There were 2 large power lines going across the image. I love the view from my house but those power lines down the street make me :x .

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Beee-yoooo-teee-fullll!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous image...

Walllll hanger :>)))

8. imokah

imokah Guest

Charles....don't ja just get tired of all the sunsets and sunrises that we have to put up with here in Colorado??...lol. Great shot, my man!

Lakewood/Wheat Ridge here..