1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

sunset fun

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I had a little fun with this, just seeing what I could do, as usual, one gets carried away...

Original (Leica D-lux 3 image) a bit of whited out area, so I started playing, whoops! I don't know, do you think the image is trashed by the white area originally, or how do you all feel about sun images being blown like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The photographer in me knows that there are details there, but have been blown. This is why I went to DSLR from the Coolpix line - to avoid just this!! *LOL* I guess this is why I'm not a fan.

The second one looks like a smudge tool on acid!! *LOL*

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol
    Give a nickel for every time I have done that...

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    well, yeah, but you can't fit a DSLR in a T-shirt pocket, at least I can't. ;) 

I understand the inherent sensor drawbacks, and the direct sun shot is not all "that bad". I was just having some fun, actually, I started out seriously trying to fix this, then I got carried away. I was at least trying to make it look real being fixed, it's hard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.