Sunset in Texas

R

Rick Waldroup

I rarely ever, ever take sunset photos. This is probably the first one I've shot in over 20 years. This was shot about a year ago at a campgrounds in Texas.

The camera was a D2H with 18-70 lens. The ISO was pushed to 1000 or 1600 (can't remember) and I underexposed by a stop or two. This is pretty much the way it came out of the camera.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks you guys. This was an absolute fluke. I don't even look for these things. In fact, I was sitting inside a tent BSing and drinking beer with another camper when my wife hollered out to take a look at the sky. I looked out and the first thing I noticed was the people in the foreground, so I grabbed the camera, adjusted the ISO and shot it handheld. No time to grab a tripod. You guys know how quickly the light can change on sunsets. I got lucky.:wink:

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Gary. Like I said before, this was pure luck. If I had not seen the people in the foreground I may not have gotten my lazy butt up and shot it. How pathetic is that?:biggrin:

When I got home and saw the shot, it made me marvel at how sometimes we take the beauty of nature for granted. At least I do, and that is a shame.:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom