Sunset in Texas

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rick Waldroup, Apr 6, 2007.

1. I rarely ever, ever take sunset photos. This is probably the first one I've shot in over 20 years. This was shot about a year ago at a campgrounds in Texas.

The camera was a D2H with 18-70 lens. The ISO was pushed to 1000 or 1600 (can't remember) and I underexposed by a stop or two. This is pretty much the way it came out of the camera.

2. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Pretty neat shot Rick! Maybe you should shoot more sunsets!

3. With colours and cloud formations like that, I'd be shooting every evening!!!!

4. Thanks you guys. This was an absolute fluke. I don't even look for these things. In fact, I was sitting inside a tent BSing and drinking beer with another camper when my wife hollered out to take a look at the sky. I looked out and the first thing I noticed was the people in the foreground, so I grabbed the camera, adjusted the ISO and shot it handheld. No time to grab a tripod. You guys know how quickly the light can change on sunsets. I got lucky.:wink:

5. Thanks Gary. Like I said before, this was pure luck. If I had not seen the people in the foreground I may not have gotten my lazy butt up and shot it. How pathetic is that?:biggrin:

When I got home and saw the shot, it made me marvel at how sometimes we take the beauty of nature for granted. At least I do, and that is a shame.:smile: