Sunset or Sunrise...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Port Botany | Sydney, Australia 2008
    [​IMG]
    Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Efke KB25 | Tetenal Neofin Blau

Photographed with my new favorite film, Efke 25 and my new favorite lens, VC Ultron 28mm f2.0

[​IMG]
    Bessa R2 | Voigtländer Ultron 28mm f2.0 | Voigtländer 28mm Finder

2. ah.... sunrise?

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice, nice photo Lynn!

The 28 is a good looking lens on your Bessa. I can't tell from the picture - does the front element bulge out like most lenses, or in like the 35mm Ultron?

4. Nice indeed! I like Efke 25 a lot as well, just got a brick of the 120 stuff from Freestyle. I haven't shot the 50, 100, or 400 yet, though I pulled a roll of the 400 out to shoot at the State Fair.

5. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Very nice! I'll have to try some of that stuff. I like slow film. I still have a lot of Delta 110 to use, I may get a brick of Efke from Freestyle. I have been trying that Arista 4x5 film from Freestyle. Need a bigger scanner :frown:. It will have to wait. The Bessa is a beautiful camera. I'm glad you are giving it a good workout. How are you doing with the Norita?

BTW, Sunrise? Looks like it to me.

6. Sorry, mate! Wrong end of the day!

Thanks, Chris. The new Ultron 28/2 is a simple-curve optical lens, no asphericals, just a really, really well-executed formula that is very high performance. So yes, the front element is a traditional convex surface.

Efke 25 has become my new standard film, amazing resolution with good tonal range, although it really does not like overexposure. I have 5 rolls of 120, which I have yet to run through the Norita, but Efke 25 combined with medium-format will be stunning.

I have really fallen in love with slow speed film of late, allows fast apertures and slower shutter speeds on sunny days. As for a bigger scanner, I just acquired an enlarger. I really have started to dislike scanning negatives and want to scan prints instead.

I have finally become friends with the Bessa after a very strained 12 month plus relationship. But is has now become my camera of choice along with the Norita. The Nikons are getting a well-deserved break at the moment.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Too cool! I can hardly wait to see your prints.

8. Lynn, you're working that new lens! Rangefinders do work well for landscapes, don't they! By the way, were you standing in water again? Oh, and I think b&w landscapes are great.

9. Ray,

Thanks, I really love my rangefinder for landscapes, since you can see around the edges of the frame, which is actually a great composing tool. But I will tell you where it is invaluable is for waves, you can just nail the peak of a wave because you never have the mirror black-out which leaves wondering exactly what you captured.

I managed to stay dry for this shot! But Bessa and the new Ultron were covered in salt-spray from earlier in the roll. Did not get those scanned yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.