Sunset secret

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Jul 5, 2007.

1. An intimate moment between my wife and our daughter. Captured as the sun set on our local beach.

[​IMG]

2. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

Wow - I really love that photograph.....Good job!

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

3. Nice Job

I really like this photo. Excellent sunset color and great composition.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lovely

5. Nice capture MItch.

6. Nice.

Tim

7. Thank you all for the kind words!

8. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Captured a tender moment... incredible job

9. Well done Mitch. Frame this one up my friend :smile:

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Nicely captured special moment. This is the kind of photo that will be cherished long after you tire of looking at your more "technically perfect" shots.
    And that's not meant to imply that the technicals aren't good here.:wink:

Hope you know what I mean!:redface:

11. Too bad you've already shown it to her - that would make a fabulous Mother's Day gift for her. What a touching photo!

12. Stuart,
    I know what you mean. This photo is technically mediocre, but it pulls at my heart when I look at it. I think anyone could look at this and feel the love between my wife and Samantha.

For me it is also a nice reminder of a great July 4th spent at the beach.

Thanks for looking!

13. Thanks, Sandi. Unfortunately for me, my wife does not like to be photographed!:frown:

14. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Mitch,
    Looking at this photo a bit more (some photo's are worth a second look at a minimum:smile:) I had a few things to add. You get a sense of Sam's wonder even without seeing her face, but also of her tentativeness........a tentativeness that is being kept in check by her mother's reassuring hand and presence. It conveys beautifully the bond of love *and* trust there.

Your photo also nicely conveys your wife's enjoyment of sharing the experience through Sam's eyes.

The more I look at it the more I like it.

15. Stuart,
    You sum up my feelings perfectly. Your insight into this photo is truly amazing. Samantha is at times the typical, bold 2 year old. At other times, she can be quite shy and timid with an air of "tentativeness".

I look at this photo and see a tenative child looking out into the unknown world and future being lovingly guided by her mother. I hope she always feels this. I'm awed that we don't need to see their faces to feel this. The magic is just there.