Sunset Silhouette

The Tandoori chicken I was cooking became a bit dry when I left the kitchen in our rented home in West Virgina to capture this photo.

Mike 2021-03-26--0080-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I always enjoy the color transition with these scenes

Thanks for mentioning that, Mitch. I wasn't aware of the photo op until I looked out the window and rushed across the street to photograph the scene. Two evenings later when the sky was the same, I was prepared and waiting to release the shutter before the sun had disappeared below the horizon. The photos I got from that second session captured only the warm tones because the sun had not yet descended as far. When I compared the photos from the two sessions, I much preferred this photo because of the transition from warm to cool tones that you mentioned.

Well composed and steady at 1/30!
I've never used image stabilization in the lens or the camera body until using my Z6 system that has both. That result of stabilization is really amazing.

Sorry about the chicken, any curry to add to it?

No curry, as traditional Tandoori chicken doesn't include curry. My recipe already has 10 spices, so curry isn't necessary. My wife and I love curry dishes, so I appreciate you asking about it.

Hi Mike.I like the warm colors behind the trees and I also like the color transition towards sky. If the image was mine I would crop about half of the black FG though.

Real Name
Dan
Hey you can make the chicken any time. The light passes. Nicely seen and captured. I really like the effect of the light coming through the leafless trees. Well done. I guess the chicken was too :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom