1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Super Compact Tripod - Hakuba CT-8

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by sam821, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Hey Everyone,

I just purchased this tripod and tested it out a bit today. I wanted to see if anyone else has this tripod and if they can give me a long term prognosis... If not I wanted to share with you my opinion of it in case someone is looking for one with the same requirements/specs...

I was looking to get something that would fit in my travel camera bag (Tamrac Adventure 6) but would extend to a decent max. height and not be too flimsy. I started my search criteria with minimum folded length as my bag would require something less than 12" folded length. This really narrowed the search down, but I still looked at dozens of tripods. In the end this was my best option. Here are the specs...

[​IMG]

Tripod with a panhead
    Maximum Height: 40.2 in.
    Minimum Height: 10.2 in.
    Folded Length: 10.2 in.
    Leg Sections: 8
    Weight: 1.10 lbs.
    Max. Loading: ??? D60 with 55-200mm with no problem... yet

This can be used as a tabletop tripod and as a regular travel tripod. It seems sturdy enough, but I don't know if it will hold a D300 "fully loaded" with a 300mm prime (I think thats asking too much...)

The only negative I can think of is that the legs can push in if you put enough pressure. It may or may not give me problems, I need to try it out on a shoot and see what happens. The build seems to be OK, nothing out of this world.

Bottom line, it fits in my bag (which was most important) and it expands pretty high so I don't have to get on the ground to prep. the camera. Hopefully when I take the tripod on my first travel, it doesn't let me down!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.