Super New Tool in My Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Oh I need one of these... I hate shooting on bright sunny days and having trouble checking focus and histograms for proper exposure.

2. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    You guys just discovered this? I've been loving mine for months!!! :rolleyes:

-- Russ

3. Seems like a good thing to have.

4. And I have been trying not to look at my pictures until I get home... :wink:

5. I haven't looked at Hoodman products since my D70 days when I had one of those fold-up LCD covers. Stabbed myself in the face a couple of times thought "there has to be a better way". Then a saw a reference to this gizmo in Outdoor Photography so looked it up. Local dealer had one.

6. Interesting.
    Is is soft / mushable so you can stick it in a pocket?
    Most important, does it have diopter/focus adjustment so that oldfarts can use it?

Don

7. Just read the reviews and see that it does - that's good.

Don

8. Thanks for the post, Nick...
    Looks quite helpful!

9. The "body" seem to be made of deformation resistent plastic, but there are rubber bumpers on the camera body end and the eye end. Comes with a cheapo plastic lanyard and an itty-bitty right-sized suitcase.

10. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Here’s my $4.00 home-made version

Here’s my $4.00 home-made version that I’ve been using for quite some time now. It’s made from the lower half of an orthodontic retainer case and a cheap loupe that I bought at Harbor Freight a few years ago. Of course, the focus is not adjustable (except by moving it away-closer to the LCD) and I should have used a loupe with less magnification, but it does work. Cheers, Mike

View attachment 106527