Super Tuscan wine

This wine is made mostly of Sangiovese blended with a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. I believe this is the first time I've intentionally lit metallic parts of the label to be dark rather than bright; that look seemed to fit the style of the rest of the label and the scene. I also think this is the first time I've taken the wine bottle nearly directly from the scene where it was photographed to the supper table to be drunk. It will be enjoyed with veggie lasagna and garlic bread. 🍷

Mike 2021-02-08--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo of the setup: The white reflector on the right added the reflection to that side of the bottle and lifted the shadow on that side of the label. The black, wooden block prevented the reflector from adding a reflection to the bottle beneath the label. 11 focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at its default settings.
Mike 2021-02-08--0002-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I must have skipped this image of yours Mike. I like the wooden stuff in the FG . If I were you I would crop most of the neck of the bottle to put the emphasis more on your design with the cloth, the wooden stuff and the label. IMO the top part of the image doesn't add to the composition.

Real Name
Dan
Nicely presented, Mike. I'm far from a wine ... anything. But when we traveled to that area I enjoyed the Sangiovese "table" wines a lot so took the time to read about them. Interesting that I don't typically drink wine with meals at home. But when in Tuscany how can you NOT do so?

Thanks, Dan!

Interesting that I don't typically drink wine with meals at home. But when in Tuscany how can you NOT do so?

I can't tell you how many times I've read and heard that Italian wines, especially the inexpensive wines, taste so much better in Italy than the wines of the same price shipped to America. As the owner of a wine store told me, if you're on vacation in Italy with absolutely nothing pulling at you that you "should" be doing such as when you're at home, and you're looking out over a gorgeous landscape as the sun is setting, how could the wine NOT taste better?

Speaking of Italy, immediately after posting this message, my wife and I are going to watch the second episode of Stanley Tucci's new show on CNN about food in Italy.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom