1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Superbikes and Girls at Mallory Park (with added cake. . )

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jewson, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Hi All,

Just the latest offerings from the latest round of the British SuperBikes at Mallory Park. . .

Great weekend was had by all, with some nail biting moments .. .

Qualifying was out of this world. . 9/10th's of a second separated the top 15. . Sounds quite a lot but on a circut that is completed in under 60sec's :eek: 

Any thoughts and comments greatfully received. . .

I will start with some close up bike shots. . (dont wory the glamour will come later. . :wink:) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. another amazing series
    so very well done

thanks for sharing them with us

3. Jason,
    Very nice work again, but what bikes? :biggrin: :wink:

4. licaga

licaga

Jan 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Peter Vooijs
    great series ,hmm

peter

5. NOW THAT IS A POST very nice shots cant wait to see you post some bikes in the next one

6. Right, now tell me about lens selection and your "approach" to your "subjects"

7. those are fantastic, I guess #5 & #6 are my faves...but I also like the pack shot...

8. Very nice.
    What I wouldn't give to have one of those...

9. That title will get me to look everytime:smile:. Great photo's
    Tim

10. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I really like the first 3. What lens did you use for those?

11. dj addicted

dj addicted

Apr 15, 2008
    Florida
    wait... there were bikes in those pictures??? My computer didn't load the first 7 or so. Guess it knew which pictures had the ladies in them:biggrin:

Nice shots though!!!

What lens and settings did you use? I plan on going to some car shows this summer and I need an idea of settings. Thanks

12. Many Thanks Greg. .

Sorry. . Did'nt I post any bikes. . .Here you go. .

[​IMG]

Thanks Peter

Another request for more bikes. . Cheers Mike. .

[​IMG]

Thanks Brooks, My main lens for the weekend was the 300mm AF-S F2.8 with either the 1.4 or 1.7tc, for the close up pics I used the 50mm F1.8 and for the Pit Babes either but mainly the 18-55 or the 70-200 (Think I took 1-2 pics with the 70-200..Too Long).
    I'm very lucky as I work for a couple of the teams and get good access to get pics and also get to see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes as well..Lucky to know the guy who supplies (if thats the right word) some of the Pit Babes. . :biggrin:

[​IMG]

This weekend managed to get on the grid just before the start. .

[​IMG]

Many Thanks Chris

Thanks Joe

Cheers Tim

Hi Gary..Lens used was a 50mm F1.8

Many Thanks. . . Answers above.. If you would a more specific answer feel free to ask or send a pm. .

13. Very nice!
    I liked the bikes too.
    Fred

14. Winner of race 2. . Michael Rutter sharing a drop of the bubbly stuff with the crowd. . .

[​IMG]

15. dj addicted

dj addicted

Apr 15, 2008
    Florida
    thats the exact lens I have and the same one I would use, but I'm curious what your iso was at, Aperture, and shutter speed.

16. anthonyc

anthonyc

May 30, 2008
    NYC
    excellent stuff!

17. Jeromy

Jeromy

Mar 19, 2008
    Utah
    Great stuff like usual.

I am starting to get very jealous:biggrin:

18. Great series! This last picture of the fan sharing in the champagne celebration is classic.

19. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Excellent Series!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.