1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Supporting Vendor mpb.com Deals and Announcements

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 26, 2017.

1. That doesn't exist on my system. It's as if the web page needs a horizontal scroll bar because I get the impression that the page is far too wide to fit within the window.

2. That's strange. Which browser are you using?

3. I'm using Firefox. The same condition exists this morning that existed last night. I'll probably have to call the company to place my order over the phone.

4. The company is apparently smaller and has fewer resources than the website leads me to believe. I called and left a message at 1:40pm. The website indicates that they answer their phones until 5:30pm. Nobody called back. I can't buy products from them when their website doesn't provide a "Buy" button and they don't answer their phone.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. I can understand your frustration. I only communicated by email and found them to be quite responsive.

6. Mike .. do you have any Adblock or NoScript JavaScript add-ons in your browser? Are they possibly preventing the buy button from showing up?

7. Thanks for your help, Walter, but I don't know. I'm not a techy. I do know that I never have this problem of not finding a "Buy" button with any other website. I also don't have a problem with any other website of only being able to see part of the web page because it's too big too fit within my 1920 x 1080 window.

Even so, none of that has anything to do with the fact that the company didn't return my phone call in the four hours remaining during their business day. The message I left them even brought to their attention this thread; if there was a problem understanding my phone number, they could have looked up this thread and sent me a private message. Nothing happened.

I have sent them an email and will give them one more day to get in touch with me. If they can't make that happen in that period of time along with the appropriate apologies, I won't do business with them. If they handle the situation properly, I'll be happy to make my planned purchase from them.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  8. Mike, have you tried another browser? Just for kicks I went to the site, chose a lens and alongside the description of it there was a sidebar with the "add to Cart" possibility..... I am on a 15" MacBook Pro using Safari as the browser (the display resolution is the default for this machine and I have no idea what that might be) and had no problem viewing the site, the lens I supposedly wanted to purchase and the description of it, the "Add to Cart" thingy, etc......

9. Nope, I need only one browser. It's not as if I'm using a minor browser; it works just fine on every other website I use, and I do 99% of my shopping for non-food items on the Internet. More important, the bigger question for me is to ask why they publish their telephone number on their website when they don't answer it.

10. One full business day after calling them and leaving a message and also sending them an email using their website's contact facility, I still haven't heard from them. Their email facility included my phone number and my email address, so there is no excuse for not reaching out to me unless the company experienced an event beyond their control that shut down their business.

I ordered the speedlight from a competitor.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.