1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Supporting Vendor mpb.com Deals and Announcements

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Your sensitivity to that is admirable. One would think the owner of MPB would be equally sensitive and would make the issue go away by cleaning up the American branch's act.

2. MBP has responded to my last message, apologizing that I was sent the wrong camera by their "team".

3. Their apology is relatively meaningless to me unless they also reimburse your cost of overnight shipping. They shouldn't have to be asked to do that but they probably won't offer it on their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. it is so easy to find out, like in a car.
    How did you manage NOT to buy a used camera? I never had a new one in my life. I never had a new car either

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought a lens from them and it was exactly as described. I had it shipped to my mother while I was in Europe and it went fast, I had pointed out how time critical it was.
    When the same lens was stolen later, they were also very helpful with more detail for the police.
    Because of my good experience, I wrote to them 3 times about a lens they are selling at te moment.

Unlike a private seller here who is selling the same lens, they will ship anywhere and they are not picky about shipping addreses. Meaning you can pay with your card to have something shipped to a friend who is coming in soon.

BUT, unfortunately this time they are dead slow with their reply. I will have to call them on Viber. Or listen to you and drop it. I have seen the same thing on Adorama, but found the description a bit naff (may or may not affect image quality... sorry guys I need to know better than that)

6. You remind me that I actually did buy two used cameras: a backup film camera in 1991 and my first digital camera in 2004. It was a Nikon point and shoot camera that I bought from Uncle Frank, now deceased, who many remember from years ago here at the Cafe.

As for cars, I bought my first car when I was 21 years old. It was new. I'm now 68 and I've bought only used cars since then.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  7. I only buy used Nikon compatible gear. So far with great results, no regrets. Mostly craigslist and KEH.

But I could have retired 10 years earlier had I not bought at least 25 new cars over the years. Last one a few months ago. I've also bought a half dozen used ones that have been much better value.

What irks me about the cars is I have pictures of many of them and I don't remember buying, driving, or selling them. Funny how long term memory works (or does not at 71 years old).

8. It's not a problem when you misplace your keys to the car. It's a problem only when you find them and don't know what they're for. :ROFLMAO: 

9. I also have a collection of keys that I've written a "?" on.

10. We have a box of mystery keys, and a few locks.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  11. Now here is a great idea for the collective shoot!!! KEYS!!
    old keys.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MPB has a full-page ad in the current edition of Outdoor Photographer magazine. They advertise their customer service as "5 star." Hmmmm.

The ad also mentions that they are rated "excellent" as indicated with five stars by TrustPilot.com, which is true: mpb.com is rated "Excellent" with 9.0 / 10 on Trustpilot However, the most recent review posted at the site is scathing and similar to the bad reviews in this thread. And that review pertains to the European branch.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  13. daveg

daveg

Jul 14, 2008
    UK
    Fair enough Mike, but may I make two points?

That last report is one of many, most of which are favourable.

Also, you might have noticed that the guy giving the unfavourable report was from Dublin. That's a bit like you ordering something from a company in Mexico. The company doing the collecting would have been an Irish company, or the Irish branch of a multi-national. It "should" work but is maybe not ideal?

14. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    I heard enough, I was going to do a trade with them not after reading this thread

• Like Like x 1
  15. daveg

daveg

Jul 14, 2008
    UK
    I have been looking for an SB-910 to go with my existing SB-910/800 setup for some time. I eventually found one which is claimed to be in excellent 5 star condition, boxed and with all accessories.

I phoned London Camera Exchange this morning to confirm condition etc and ordered before the 2pm deadline for same day shipping. Postage is free (included in price) and I have had a text from the carrier (DPD) promising delivery during a one hour slot which they will give me tomorrow am.

I will update this post tomorrow.

DG

16. daveg

daveg

Jul 14, 2008
    UK
    I had a text this morning at 8.30 to say the Package would arrive between 12.38 and 13.38 Via DPD and the driver's name was Robert.

It arrived at 12.45 and everything was as described by LCE. I would deal with them again.

750_2446-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

17. My situation with MPB.com may have been resolved to my satisfaction at last. While I was in Costa Rica I had an e-mail from them saying they were unable to find the camera they intended to send me, but did have another with only 454 shutter clicks, and included a screen capture from MyShutterCount.com verifying that. They sent it to me after I returned and it does appear to be new.

Now as to why I say may have been resolved: when I first tried the camera, the rear LCD would not come on...wouldn't display the menu, a photo from the memory card, or anything. It appeared to be absolutely dead. But after fiddling with it for 10 or 15 minutes, changing various settings, it did start working and has been fine since. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

18. Lose connection? Temperature? Shipping shock (happens to wine :rolleyes:  ) ?

19. Christop82

Christop82

Oct 28, 2018
    I've used mpb.com numerous times. Both buying and selling. Great company to deal with. Highly recommend .

20. The box had been sitting out in the cold for a while...and on the truck. But I've used cameras outdoors in colder temperatures than that, and I'm sure you have too, without seeing that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.