Sure is hard working with folks like this...

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Sure is hard working with students like these, graduating seniors with super ACT scores. (35/36 for our male all state horn player, who is majoring in Engineering and French Horn Performance)

From the concert at work tuesday night, some quick grabs,

first shot ISO 1600 and the 50 1.4 at f2, focus spot her eyes, NX noise removal

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

second shot ISO 2500 f2.8 with the 180mm AF-D, NX noise removal,

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of the perks of the job, working with quality students who have a desire to learn and expand their knowledge.

Very nice to read this Wade - kudos to these fine young people.
Love your shots, particularly the second one. It would just have been nice if the fagot player would have been better positioned, but those are the things you cannot always control. Very nice B&W post also - a very attractive image.

Wade,

These are great, and the story behind them is stellar! :smile:

I particularly like #2, and how the sheet of music is "just enough" in focus to keep my brain happy. :smile:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Very nice to read this Wade - kudos to these fine young people.
Love your shots, particularly the second one. It would just have been nice if the fagot player would have been better positioned, but those are the things you cannot always control. Very nice B&W post also - a very attractive image.
Thanks Frits,

On concert shots I like to convert to B&W and at high iso it helps with the noise appearance too.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wade,

These are great, and the story behind them is stellar! :smile:

I particularly like #2, and how the sheet of music is "just enough" in focus to keep my brain happy. :smile:
Thanks Gretchen, much apprecaiated. I have a release for these two from other work through the years so I tend to shoot them if the opportunity presents itself.

Very nice shots. I know what you mean about band members. My two high schoolers are both involved in high school bands; and, it is is probably the best thing that in which they have ever taken part. My 16 year old, who once said that she would never be a "band geek," now lives and breathes band 24/7.

Very nice my friend you do have some fine students there and a couple of great captures they do have a good teacher.:smile:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Thanks for sharing these two young people and a little of their story. Very nice.
thanks Gordon,

Love the second one, great shot.
Yes the first was more of just a snapshot, the second I took my time and tried to time things out

Very nice shots. I know what you mean about band members. My two high schoolers are both involved in high school bands; and, it is is probably the best thing that in which they have ever taken part. My 16 year old, who once said that she would never be a "band geek," now lives and breathes band 24/7.
Yep, understand that....

My daughter is also caught up in that world, as was I many many years ago. Even Dance for my daughter is taking a few hits from the music department.

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Very nice my friend you do have some fine students there and a couple of great captures they do have a good teacher.:smile:
Thanks Tim, In regards to being a good teacher, maybe they are smiling that they get to get away from me! ha!

Wade

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom