Sure is hard working with folks like this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Commodorefirst, May 9, 2007.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Sure is hard working with students like these, graduating seniors with super ACT scores. (35/36 for our male all state horn player, who is majoring in Engineering and French Horn Performance)

From the concert at work tuesday night, some quick grabs,

first shot ISO 1600 and the 50 1.4 at f2, focus spot her eyes, NX noise removal

[​IMG]

second shot ISO 2500 f2.8 with the 180mm AF-D, NX noise removal,

[​IMG]

One of the perks of the job, working with quality students who have a desire to learn and expand their knowledge.

2. Very nice to read this Wade - kudos to these fine young people.
    Love your shots, particularly the second one. It would just have been nice if the fagot player would have been better positioned, but those are the things you cannot always control. Very nice B&W post also - a very attractive image.

3. Very nice shots, Wade. I'm sure the opportunity to work with motivated, hard-working young people gives you a strong sense of satisfaction.

4. Wade,

These are great, and the story behind them is stellar! :smile:

I particularly like #2, and how the sheet of music is "just enough" in focus to keep my brain happy. :smile:

5. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Frits,

On concert shots I like to convert to B&W and at high iso it helps with the noise appearance too.

6. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Sure does, especially when sometimes you have to deal with less motivated individuals at times.

7. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Gretchen, much apprecaiated. I have a release for these two from other work through the years so I tend to shoot them if the opportunity presents itself.

8. Thanks for sharing these two young people and a little of their story. Very nice.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Love the second one, great shot.

10. Very nice shots. I know what you mean about band members. My two high schoolers are both involved in high school bands; and, it is is probably the best thing that in which they have ever taken part. My 16 year old, who once said that she would never be a "band geek," now lives and breathes band 24/7.

11. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Very nice my friend you do have some fine students there and a couple of great captures they do have a good teacher.:smile:

12. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    thanks Gordon,

Yes the first was more of just a snapshot, the second I took my time and tried to time things out

Yep, understand that....

My daughter is also caught up in that world, as was I many many years ago. Even Dance for my daughter is taking a few hits from the music department.

Wade

13. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Tim, In regards to being a good teacher, maybe they are smiling that they get to get away from me! ha!

Wade