Surprise holiday.

I packed the van this morning for a few days leave and some touring around the country. Halfway there Lisa convinced me to stop at the pharmacy and ask for advice, the right side of my face wasn't responding to "commands".
We were advised to rush back to the hospital at home where, after a 2 hour wait in line, I was diagnosed as having "Bells' Palsy" due to an ear infection I have been treated for.
Well that was a short holiday and we're staying around town just to monitor the situation and make sure it's nothing worse.
Oh well, another chapter in my life I suppose, hopefully a brief one since we caught it early.

I hope you have a speedy recovery Desmond. My father had the same thing when I was about twelve and recovered pretty quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope you have a speedy recovery Desmond. My father had the same thing when I was about twelve and recovered pretty quickly.
Thanks, I'm hoping it's mainly due to the ear infection and we did catch it within 2 days of starting up so things are looking brighter than the other possibilities that it could have been.

Glad it was just Bells' Palsy and not a stroke. Glad you are better.

Looking forward to the next new and unusual way to destroy balloons.

Sounds like you need some special nursing care Desmond :biggrin: Look for the silver lining.

Hope you recover quickly. (or not so quickly if the extra nursing care is working well for you)

Glad you caught it quickly and was not a stroke.

Take care and speedy recovery-

Best,

Alan

Joining the others and also wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Desmond
BTW, appreciated your 'Understanding Explosure' ebook
Hopefully I'll find some time to try out one of your recipes :)

My husband had that several years ago. Woke up one morning and we both freaked out because we thought he had had a stoke during the night.

It took him about a week to be back to normal.

Hope you are back to yourself soon! :wink:

Just catching up and saw this - hope that you are recovering and that you and Lisa have been able to have a holiday of sorts!

Just catching up and saw this - hope that you are recovering and that you and Lisa have been able to have a holiday of sorts!
Get well soon, Desmond!
Get well soon. It's lucky that you caught in right away. Do what the doctors say, and rest.

Carole
Thanks :smile: I would say I am 50% recovered within the week that it's been going on. It's at the stage where people only notice if I demonstrate facial movements and I can now blink normally with my right eye.
Our 'holiday' involved looking at houses. Lisa has convinced me to buy a house so .... I want her to be happy you know :Love:

Thanks :smile: I would say I am 50% recovered within the week that it's been going on. It's at the stage where people only notice if I demonstrate facial movements and I can now blink normally with my right eye.
Sounds good :)

Our 'holiday' involved looking at houses. Lisa has convinced me to buy a house so .... I want her to be happy you know :Love:
Just be careful with those experiments. You don't want to blow it up :biggrin:

Carole

Sounds good :)

Just be careful with those experiments. You don't want to blow it up :biggrin:

Carole
Well actually! ........ when Lisa is looking at a house she shows me The tidy kitchen and bathroom [high priorities for a woman it seems], and then to entice me she says "Look at this picture, there's even a place where you could do your explosions!" :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom