Surprise mail

I haven't done any photography for a long time. Winter windchills down to -62F, lots of snow shovelling and arthritis seemed to drain the inspiration out of me. I am hoping to get it back though during an upcoming fishing trip to Costa Rica in a few days. Be nice to get away from the snow!

I did, however, receive a surprise in the mail yesterday. I got a letter notifying me I took first, second and third place in the Richer Rodeo Photo Contest. The rodeo was last August and I hadn't seen nor heard anything further on the contest since then. According to the letter I got the photos were anonymously rated and the three photos I submitted scored the highest. Accompanying the letter was a cheque for $150. VERY NICE!

These are the three photos I sent in.

Have a good day.

_JIS5137c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_JIS5245c2.jpg

_JIS5310c.jpg

Congrats!! Well deserved awards. I remember enjoying those photos the first time you posted them here.
Thank you much.

Practice more and you'll also take fourth place next time. :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, taking all three places must be very satisfying to you. After seeing your photos, it's easy to understand why you did so well in the competition.
Thank you. Hopefully, if the weather ever warms up here, I will get a chance to practice some more!

Congratulations on winning the trifecta!!!
Thank you.

Congrats and happy fishing.
Thanks, the fishing will be a great change from the winter's cabin fever.

Well deserved recognition! Shooting rodeos is not easy!
Thank you very much.

Great shots! Congratulations on the well deserved recognition. Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica and I hope you take a few photos while you are there. And hopefully your arthritis will get better with the warmer weather.

Looks like you earned the check (oops, I mean, "cheque"). :D

Thank you, the cheque was a pleasant accompaniment.

Those are such amazing photos. It's no wonder you won the contest!! Congratulations!!

Thank you.

Congrats..amazing work these photos are terrific.

Thanks

Great shots! Congratulations on the well deserved recognition. Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica and I hope you take a few photos while you are there. And hopefully your arthritis will get better with the warmer weather.

I am sure the warmer weather will help some, even if just mentally. I hope to get some chances to get some good photo opportunities.

Congrats! All these shots are superb.

Thank you.

Cheque-mate!
Congratulations on getting the recognition these beautiful images deserve.

Thank you

awesome shots, love them all, but #3 is the best imo

I think #3 was the first place image.

Congratulations - you did great work capturing fast action.

Thank you, rodeos always have lots of action and its always fun to try and catch the right moments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom