Surprises near to Home

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
We are in total lockdown here and one needs an "excuse" like work to exit the Comune where you live. My excuse this time was a visit to the cheese maker, fifteen minutes away by car, to buy a kilo of Parmigiano Reggano ( Parmesan cheese). On the way back I took a small detour up into the first hills above Reggio.

I came back with these strange landscapes. I just had the Z7 and the 24-200.

Sometimes we have some great subject matter right on our doorstep.

DSZ_7343_DxOsmall.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSZ_7373 1.jpg

DSZ_7424 1.jpg

DSZ_7427 1.jpg

DSZ_7396 3.jpg

DSZ_7347_DxOsmall.jpg

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
We are in total lockdown here and one needs an "excuse" like work to exit the Comune where you live. My excuse this time was a visit to the cheese maker, fifteen minutes away by car, to buy a kilo of Parmigiano Reggano ( Parmesan cheese). On the way back I took a small detour up into the first hills above Reggio.

View attachment 1681636

View attachment 1681638

View attachment 1681639

View attachment 1681640

View attachment 1681641

View attachment 1681642
Fantastc, Nigel.
The surrounding has wonderful shapes.

I Like these pictures a lot
Klaus

View attachment 1681636

View attachment 1681638

View attachment 1681639

View attachment 1681640

View attachment 1681641

View attachment 1681642
Lovely set, hopefully you didn't forget the cheese. One place Both my wife and I want to visit and plan to once things open up again.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Nigel, these are beautiful photos. They do the region justice. Well done!

I love the area and hope to go back someday when COVID permits. My mother's family is from one of the adjacent regions (Marche) and we loved visiting RE.

In case it's available to you, there is a fun travel/documentary-style series to watch, called "Stanley Tucci Searching For Italy", in which he travels to all 20 regions, sampling the best food and wine from each. He already did RE and it was possibly my favorite episode so far.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Nigel, these are beautiful photos. They do the region justice. Well done!

I love the area and hope to go back someday when COVID permits. My mother's family is from one of the adjacent regions (Marche) and we loved visiting RE.

In case it's available to you, there is a fun travel/documentary-style series to watch, called "Stanley Tucci Searching For Italy", in which he travels to all 20 regions, sampling the best food and wine from each. He already did RE and it was possibly my favorite episode so far.
Thank you.

I found a written account of this program. Interesting.

I had a nice time in Marche, in Numana and Sirolo on the coast. You can eat some very good fresh fish in these coastal towns. Marche is a lovely "undiscovered" region of Italy.

• Agree
Reactions: McQ

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Thank you.

I found a written account of this program. Interesting.

I had a nice time in Marche, in Numana and Sirolo on the coast. You can eat some very good fresh fish in these coastal towns. Marche is a lovely "undiscovered" region of Italy.

Marche is really beautiful as well and my mother's home town, Ripatransone, is really special as well. And yes, excellent fresh fish all the time there!

Latest threads

Top Bottom