Survey and Compare Modes in Lightroom

(I posted this in the Adobe Lightroom forum but got no help, thought I would try here :tongue: )
-----

If I am in Survey mode, looking at (for example) 5 photos, I notice that the Toolbar has a button for Comparing 2 of the photos. I know how to get one of the images (it's the one with the narrow white border) for the Compare mode, but I can't seem to figure out how to select the other image. Any ideas? CTRL-click (Windows) on an image removes it from Survey mode.

BTW, this is a cool feature that allows one to quickly A/B images while in Survey mode.

Paul

The images need to be selected first using the apple/cmd key and then you can select the candidate by using the arrows in the tool bar, the select is the most selected image.

Bingo! The key was that no matter what the Select candidate is, Compare mode will cycle through all the pics that I have selected, and then I can quickly pop back into Survey mode.

Way cool...

Cannot download the same image in raw and jpeg.

I purchased Lightroom mainly because of the compare mode to find out I cannot do what I want. I shoot in Raw and Jpeg and wanted to bring the same shot of each into the compare page ,work on the raw image while leaving the jpeg alone. Why can't you do this simple task? I hope it is the first upgrade they do as it will probably sit until then.
Dan Berg

I purchased Lightroom mainly because of the compare mode to find out I cannot do what I want. I shoot in Raw and Jpeg and wanted to bring the same shot of each into the compare page ,work on the raw image while leaving the jpeg alone. Why can't you do this simple task? I hope it is the first upgrade they do as it will probably sit until then.
Dan Berg
This is a much discussed topic on the u2u forum. Check there for what people are doing at the moment.
Wait and see what will happen, Adobe are listening.
Personally I never shoot jpeg as it is easy to generate jpegs from raw within LR when needed.
:smile: :smile:
Enjoy LR!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom