1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Susan

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by greyflash, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I took this last year with my D2H and 85mm f1.4 lens. It was taken by natural window light at f2.8. I have never posted this particular image here so thought I would share it. Susan is the daughter of my wife's friend. They stopped by for just a very short visit and I asked if I could photograph her. Comments are always welcome.

original.

2. lovely image, gordon
    susan is a very pretty lady

thanks for sharing this one with us

3. I agree, she is a pretty young lady.
    But I am equally impressed by the color & sharpness of the image!
    And I'm a sucker for natural light photos.

4. Very Nice Gordon, Clear & Sharp.

5. Marina

Marina Guest

Beautiful lady, beautiful light, beautiful picture!!

6. Thanks Greg, I only had a few minutes to capture this one. I felt that the final image had some 3D qualities to it.

As Banhup has demonstrated over and over, natural light is hard to beat.

The sharpness is thanks to a tripod and the 85mm f1.4 lens. Thanks for your comments.

Susan is a school teacher and is smart as well as pretty. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

7. Gordon, I have to say, this is absolutely spot on........... just goes to show that the old D2h (yes I know you know that I have one) is quite a capable beast!

Great stuff!

G :smile:

8. Gee, thanks Graeme. I have other cameras but keep coming back to the D2H. I love this workhorse.

9. Very well done Gordon, outstanding light.

10. i really think you are right... and that "3-D" quality is hard to capture... this one is great

11. Yes a fine, sharp, well-exposed shot Gordon. However I wonder if the subject would ask about the texture of her skin. As we all know some folks can be ambivalent about a portrait which shows lots of detail. Perhaps a tiny bit of gaussian blur on the cheeks and forehead?

12. Beautiful shot of a beautiful woman. Thanks for posting it for us.

13. Thanks for your nice comments and suggestion Rich. I did put a bit of gaussian blur treatment on her skin but hesitated to go further. Perhaps I should reevaluate.

Hi Brian, thanks for your comments.

14. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA

Gordon very well done. I actually disagree with Rich, it wass refreshing to see natural skin texture.

Dan

15. I hear you Dan, I kind of liked it that way myself. Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.