Susan

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by greyflash, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I took this last year with my D2H and 85mm f1.4 lens. It was taken by natural window light at f2.8. I have never posted this particular image here so thought I would share it. Susan is the daughter of my wife's friend. They stopped by for just a very short visit and I asked if I could photograph her. Comments are always welcome.

original.jpg

2. lovely image, gordon
    susan is a very pretty lady

thanks for sharing this one with us

3. I agree, she is a pretty young lady.
    But I am equally impressed by the color & sharpness of the image!
    And I'm a sucker for natural light photos.

4. Very Nice Gordon, Clear & Sharp.

5. Marina

Marina Guest

Beautiful lady, beautiful light, beautiful picture!!

6. Thanks Greg, I only had a few minutes to capture this one. I felt that the final image had some 3D qualities to it.

As Banhup has demonstrated over and over, natural light is hard to beat.

The sharpness is thanks to a tripod and the 85mm f1.4 lens. Thanks for your comments.

Susan is a school teacher and is smart as well as pretty. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

7. Gordon, I have to say, this is absolutely spot on........... just goes to show that the old D2h (yes I know you know that I have one) is quite a capable beast!

Great stuff!

G :smile:

8. Gee, thanks Graeme. I have other cameras but keep coming back to the D2H. I love this workhorse.

9. Very well done Gordon, outstanding light.

10. i really think you are right... and that "3-D" quality is hard to capture... this one is great

11. Yes a fine, sharp, well-exposed shot Gordon. However I wonder if the subject would ask about the texture of her skin. As we all know some folks can be ambivalent about a portrait which shows lots of detail. Perhaps a tiny bit of gaussian blur on the cheeks and forehead?

12. Beautiful shot of a beautiful woman. Thanks for posting it for us.

13. Thanks for your nice comments and suggestion Rich. I did put a bit of gaussian blur treatment on her skin but hesitated to go further. Perhaps I should reevaluate.

Hi Brian, thanks for your comments.

14. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA

Gordon very well done. I actually disagree with Rich, it wass refreshing to see natural skin texture.

Dan

15. I hear you Dan, I kind of liked it that way myself. Thanks