Susan

A friend of my wife's stopped in briefly on the way to Las Vegas and I was struck by the beauty of her daughter. I only had time for a few natural light shots. Her name is Susan and she has nearly flawless skin, almost porcelain. Images were taken with my D2H and 85mm f1.4 lens.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Hey Gordon........... about time too! (saying that..... I've not been too prolific lately either!)

Both are very good.... but #2........... when I looked at it, well, it was a kind of whoah moment!

Might be my crappy uncalibrated monitor............ but her eyes seem a tad soft in #1............ my apologies if this is not the case....... 43yrs old and struggling to see! Jeez........... what next?????????? :eek::eek::eek:

G

Ahhhhhhh another fan of window light. It's sure hard to beat. Helps to have a good looking model like that as well. Nicely done.

P.S. are those actual real deal green eyes? You don't see that very often. Lots of hazel that's close but not green ones.

Hey Gordon........... about time too! (saying that..... I've not been too prolific lately either!)

Both are very good.... but #2........... when I looked at it, well, it was a kind of whoah moment!

Might be my crappy uncalibrated monitor............ but her eyes seem a tad soft in #1............ my apologies if this is not the case....... 43yrs old and struggling to see! Jeez........... what next?????????? :eek::eek::eek:

G

Hi Graeme and thanks for your comments. I was shooting at f2.8 and in the first image I did focus on her right eye which could have made the left eye a little soft. Yes, I have been dogging it lately when it comes to posting. I have been taking pictures but they are paid jobs and I don't usually post any of those unless given permission.

Ahhhhhhh another fan of window light. It's sure hard to beat. Helps to have a good looking model like that as well. Nicely done.

P.S. are those actual real deal green eyes? You don't see that very often. Lots of hazel that's close but not green ones.

I do like window light but also wish I would have had time to set up some flashes as well. I really only had time to snap off about 5 or 6 shots as they were just passing through and stopped to say hello. Thanks for your comments and yes, she does have real green eyes.

Very nice...color & sharpness on really good.

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

My goodness.............

I tried to capture the dreamy look. Thanks for the comment Dave.

Lovely girl. I prefer shot #1 because of the tilt in her pose, and because it isn't as sharp as #2. #2 is brutally sharp... unkind even to such lovely young skin.

Oh my.....how can you miss with such a lovely subject! I like the first one best. Great job Gordon.

You always do such wonderful natural light work. Makes me wonder why I ever bought studio strobes. Beautiful girl...lovely, dreamy pose.

Lovely girl. I prefer shot #1 because of the tilt in her pose, and because it isn't as sharp as #2. #2 is brutally sharp... unkind even to such lovely young skin.

I like the first one the best as well. Thanks Frank.

Oh my.....how can you miss with such a lovely subject! I like the first one best. Great job Gordon.

Thanks Haze, nice of you to say so.

You always do such wonderful natural light work. Makes me wonder why I ever bought studio strobes. Beautiful girl...lovely, dreamy pose.

Hi Stu, I am glad that you like these shots. I really do wish I could have used my flashes as well as these natural light ones. Thanks for commenting.

B

BigPixel

The first shot astounded me. What an incredible natural light capture.

The first shot astounded me. What an incredible natural light capture.

Thanks Mike, Susan liked that one as well.

wow, awesome work. How you can control the lighting without using additional lighting is amazing..

The sun was not coming directly through the window as it was shaded by the roof overhang so it softened it some. It really is all in the placement of the subject. Thanks for your nice comments.

I agree with all the above, super.
Roy.

Thank you very much Bill, I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Nice captures of a beautiful young lady Gordon. I like #2, but if the eyes were just a tad bit sharper in #1... it would be a "WOW!" picture.

Well that would certainly be easy enough to do Roy. Thanks for the nice comment.

Latest threads

Top Bottom