Susanna Revisited

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

a little change in the work flow and thought i would throw it out here for opinions ...:biggrin:
    820644127_a7801d77c8_o.

2. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hey Nute, I like what you've done to smooth out the skin! However, I think it looks a bit *too* smooth. You can try to add in some texture. Create a new layer and apply a noise filter and fade and mask it to give back some texture.

3. I won't pretend I know how to fix it, but I agree with Taylor, too smooth.

Pretty young lady though. Nice shot otherwise.

4. I think it is gorgeous with nice lighting and a beautiful subject. I do not mind the skin smoothing and think it enhances her beauty. If I had any nit at all it would be the white's of her eyes as they are pretty dark. Be careful if you do whiten them so as not to go too far. Lovely image with nice color.

5. I like it and think it's a nice picture of a beautiful young lady.

6. Marcos

Marcos

Nov 20, 2005
    FL, USA.
    She is fine!

I think she is very young and beautiful and can have skin like silk,
    I see good lighting and faded background which is very good for me.

7. Have to agree about the skin. It's been my experience that girls this young don't need anything beyond spotting out blemishes. Would also prefer to see some of the right side BG cut off to give a mote dynamic composition.

Lighting, DOF, sharpness, contrast are all first rate.

8. Nute, I agree the image does look a bit over processed.
    Never the less it is a wonderful portrait of a beautiful young lady.

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks for the opinions, everyone ...this forum is great ...;-))

10. Hi Nute...

I have to agree with Darrell that even though its a little over processed, only just..;o)), but still looks really nice. She looks a lovely young lady...

11. Nice shot! She's very pretty.

Anthony

12. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hey Nute, hope you don't mind, I made an example of what I was talking about:

831756452_eb4a11b17f_o.

I created a copy layer, added some noise (~5%), did a slight gaussian blur (~0.5 pixels) and masked it to just her face and neck. The layer was then set to luminosity blending, and opacity decreased slightly.

It's a lot of extra work, but I think it makes the image less noticeably "photoshopped" but still retaining that beautiful smooth complexion you've captured.

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i don't mind at all, Taylor. fact, i should send u all my purdy girls:tongue:
    ...looks good, thanks:smile:

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Anthony ...ya, she's schmokin:Smoking: