Swallows in flight

Thanks so much Karen.I am flattered. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Merci Boblou.

Thanks John. Most definitely tree swallows here. Bank swallows are predominantly in Southern Ontario, rarely in the north. Also they nest in the sand banks of rivers. These nest in trees.
Looks like juvenile Tree Swallow. The coloration is the same as bank Swallows.

This is a great set!
Thank you Phil. Much appreciated.
Congrats of being featured, very deserving.
Thanks. I wasn't aware until just now when I opened up Nikon Cafe.
nice job Bob, you catch the at the marina?
Hey Brian..where've you been? Yes got these at the spot you and I were at. Got a couple skimming the water but light was not good for those. Going back again until I get a decent splash shot.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
Thank you very much Phil. Didn't get the reference to the"Beast"?
In the TV series, "The Chase" in particular the English version, one of the Chasers is called "The Beast" - he is a big brainy guy. When someone does particularly well against him he says chapeau, meaning I assume hats off as well done

Hey Brian..where've you been? Yes got these at the spot you and I were at. Got a couple skimming the water but light was not good for those. Going back again until I get a decent splash shot.

i haven't been out too much this spring
just spent a 1 1/2 months laid up with a pinched sciatic nerve, just got back to work finally 2 weeks ago
having a hard time to get motivated to go chase birds, the few times i have been out there wasn't much action and every where i went is way too many people, haven't been out since the swallows showed up, weather hasn't been much help either, pretty bad when our past winter was warmer than what our spring has been so far lol

maybe this weekend we can meet up for the swallows if the weather is nice

i haven't been out too much this spring
just spent a 1 1/2 months laid up with a pinched sciatic nerve, just got back to work finally 2 weeks ago
having a hard time to get motivated to go chase birds, the few times i have been out there wasn't much action and every where i went is way too many people, haven't been out since the swallows showed up, weather hasn't been much help either, pretty bad when our past winter was warmer than what our spring has been so far lol

maybe this weekend we can meet up for the swallows if the weather is nice
Hey sorry to hear about your nerve problem. Sciatica can be a *****! I went out today when the sun started coming out. Nada...no swallows, nothing flying. Yesterday was like Pearson airport for swallows at the site. This weekend might be good possibly Saturday. Mothers day on Sunday will tie me up doing my husbandly duty. This year has been crazy for people at Mission Marsh; Mills Block; etc parking lots are full. Dogs and kids running loose.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom