Swan Lake and Heron Pond Hike....

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    in Grand Teton National Park. By the way, I got my new Eye-One display and what a difference it has made for me! The laptop I post process on was off by quite a bit. I hope that my color is much more accurate now. I have calibrated three monitors now and they are all really close. Let me know how the color on these look to you.

Heron Pond

Swan Lake

Plus one other Colter Bay Shot

The hike was a fairly flat three mile hike--very enjoyable. Next time, I will try to go earlier in the year as Heron Pond was drying up some.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding series, Terri. You truly make the most out of every outing, your landscapes are always gorgeous. Not sure how much tweaking was necessary on the computer...but your images are so beautiful. Each one a post card shot. I know that you shoot in RAW, but were you using a CP filter to enhance the clouds and water?

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hi Terri,

Absolutely gorgious! Colors look spot on to me, and the pics have a lot of snap!

Thanks so much or sharing.

Steve

4. Wonderful pictures, Terri.

Which lens this time?

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you Steve. Looks like you are new here. Welcome to the forum. Hope to see lots of pictures from you.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Frank,
    I did use a CP. Mine is a hoya and for some reason the pictures all had a brownish color cast. Had to change the WB in raw conversion to get them to look right. Hope I did ok.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I used the 18-70 lens for these, plus a circular polarizer. Thanks.

8. What a beautiful place to take pictures, they are all nice I guess you use your VR70-200?

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Gilles. I actually used my 18-70 kit lens.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous Terri,

I will use your pics to test my color :>))

Since I really can't get one of those calibrators yet.

11. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Lovely series Terri.

Great place to shoot.

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    These are just super quality shots. Looks great on my eye-one calibrated laptop :)

13. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Once again nice shots. I'm jealous that you get to visit there regularly.

RE: hoya polarizers. I noticed the same thing with mine. I have a 67mm Hoya CPL and a 77mm Nikon CPL, and the Hoya definitely seems to affect color balance more.

14. Simply beautiful Terri. My wife and I will be visiting Yellowstone and the Tetons in late September. Your pictures are really inspiring. If you have any tips you would like to share about where to go let me know. Thanks.

15. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Colors are gorgeous and really giveone the sense of "being there". Clearly it was worth the effort to calibrate. Thank you.

16. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Terri,

Glad to hear the Display device worked for you. I am alway hesitant to give recommendations to others. Needless to say, very very nice images as always. Very Artistically done :)

Regards

RFC

17. Terri,

The view is breathtaking! I wish I were there! Thank you for such a glorious view.

18. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Terri

Great series the last is my favorite, keep posting please

I read that you're using a hoya polarizer and not really happy with it, I use a B+W and don't have the "color problem"with it

19. Very pretty, Terri. I like the 2nd one best!

20. Awesome you sure live in Gods country and you capture it perfectly you will find workign off a calibrated monitor sure helps a lot