Swan Lake and Heron Pond Hike....

in Grand Teton National Park. By the way, I got my new Eye-One display and what a difference it has made for me! The laptop I post process on was off by quite a bit. I hope that my color is much more accurate now. I have calibrated three monitors now and they are all really close. Let me know how the color on these look to you.

Heron Pond

46884789.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13007

Swan Lake

View attachment 13008

View attachment 13009

Plus one other Colter Bay Shot

View attachment 13010

The hike was a fairly flat three mile hike--very enjoyable. Next time, I will try to go earlier in the year as Heron Pond was drying up some.

Outstanding series, Terri. You truly make the most out of every outing, your landscapes are always gorgeous. Not sure how much tweaking was necessary on the computer...but your images are so beautiful. Each one a post card shot. I know that you shoot in RAW, but were you using a CP filter to enhance the clouds and water?

Hi Terri,

Absolutely gorgious! Colors look spot on to me, and the pics have a lot of snap!

Thanks so much or sharing.

Steve

Wilk said:
Hi Terri,

Absolutely gorgious! Colors look spot on to me, and the pics have a lot of snap!

Thanks so much or sharing.

Steve

Thank you Steve. Looks like you are new here. Welcome to the forum. Hope to see lots of pictures from you.

eng45ine said:
Outstanding series, Terri. You truly make the most out of every outing, your landscapes are always gorgeous. Not sure how much tweaking was necessary on the computer...but your images are so beautiful. Each one a post card shot. I know that you shoot in RAW, but were you using a CP filter to enhance the clouds and water?

Hi Frank,
I did use a CP. Mine is a hoya and for some reason the pictures all had a brownish color cast. Had to change the WB in raw conversion to get them to look right. Hope I did ok.

Gorgeous Terri,

I will use your pics to test my color :>))

Since I really can't get one of those calibrators yet.

Once again nice shots. I'm jealous that you get to visit there regularly.

RE: hoya polarizers. I noticed the same thing with mine. I have a 67mm Hoya CPL and a 77mm Nikon CPL, and the Hoya definitely seems to affect color balance more.

Simply beautiful Terri. My wife and I will be visiting Yellowstone and the Tetons in late September. Your pictures are really inspiring. If you have any tips you would like to share about where to go let me know. Thanks.

Hi Terri,

Glad to hear the Display device worked for you. I am alway hesitant to give recommendations to others. Needless to say, very very nice images as always. Very Artistically done :)

Regards

RFC

Terri

Great series the last is my favorite, keep posting please

I read that you're using a hoya polarizer and not really happy with it, I use a B+W and don't have the "color problem"with it

Latest threads

Top Bottom