1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Swans

Discussion in 'Birds' started by TANG0F0XTR0T, Feb 12, 2018.

1. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    I like the detail and the morning sunlight here in England. Taken with D4S and 500mm F/4 FL. DOF was a little tight on the headshots. Each are separate pics and not cropped from the same picture. _TFX6100. _TFX6139. _TFX6137.

2. Only a fool or a good photographer would dare shoot a white bird in bright sunlight, especially one with some dense black on it bill. And you are no fool! Nicely done.

3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Nice! You did well keeping details in the whites on the head and neck. Only the last one could have benefited from a bit more DOF.....

4. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    Thanks for the comments. I have to be honest, these are straight out of camera shot with matrix metering. There is no post processing on these either. The 500mm FL is a stellar lens and the D4s processes jpegs very well.......yes, these are not shot in RAW or maybe I could have done better.

I'm thinking I might try that to see what other detail I can retrieve but I like the white look for now. Trying to reduce the brightness of the whites ends up most likely making the heads and neck seem yellow.....which they are a lot of times due to their heads going underwater in search of food. I'll give it a shot and post later.

5. You got that all wrong---it is a gifted photographer, using the right tools that makes great pictures!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.