sweat bees

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Neil, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Not sure if these actually called sweat bees but that was what my grandfather always called them. Shots taken about 1 hour after rain had stopped

[​IMG]

and a micro shot of single sweat bee

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shots Neil. So how do you like the 60 micro?

3. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Frank like the 60 micro very well only down side is working distance. Need to get very close to subject for micro shot. Need to get a mono-pod to get steady shots or be lucky when set up with tripod and bee's show up. Friend had a Nikon 105 mm at work and let me try it out that gave a better working distance but camera shake was more pronounced this was under fluorescent lights and could have been one of my more unsteady days. Also its a good all round lens (nice substitute for the 18-70 mm kit lens) gives sharp images.
    Only on the third month of having the D70 and lens so this is rookie opinion.

Neil

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Neil,

It may be a rookie opinion, but the 60 macro is what Ron Reznick shot with all day at the local botanical gardens when he was here for a class last year. Must be a pretty good lens if Ron has it in his bag. 8)