sweet child of mine...

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I took this picture of Ryan a couple of weeks ago. He had fallen asleep on the floor and just looked so peaceful I couldn't resist. He's 3 years old now but he thinks he's fully grown....looking at this picture, I know he's still my sweet little baby.

sweet child of mine
    [​IMG]

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    You've really captured a wonderful treasured moment. I can hear the peace and quite.

3. Priceless Leigh. The hand sticking out from the blanket tells it all. Frame it and hang it in his room.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice photograph...

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone. He's such a sweet boy and this just captures the essence of who he is....sure, he's a rough and tumble boy most of the time! But then there are times when he just wants to crawl up in my lap and kiss me all over my face....There are times when he wants me to lay next to him in his big boy bed "just till i fall asleep mommy"...there are times he puts a blanket over his sleeping baby brother so he won't get cold....those are the times I captured here.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    What a great capture, Leigh. The angle of the image along with the perfect crop makes that image so wonderful. You captured the moment well.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Lovely shot Leigh

Wished I could see his face a bit more, but I guess you know who it is!

8. As a parent, I really appreciate this kind of shot. Well done, Leigh! I like it that you can't really see all of his face. I like his little hand, at rest! :)

9. Henk

Henk Guest

great capture Leigh, the title makes me think of the best rock band on earth.....
    She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky
    now and then when I see her face she takes me away to that special place and if I'd stare too long I'd probably break down and cry whoooooooowhoooo sweet child of mine ;-)

Sweet child o' mine
    Sweet love of mine

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I absolutely love that song!!! When I titled the picture that's exactly what I thought of. Only difference is he's my son ;-) Even when he's 63 he'll still be my sweet child.

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Lovely shot Leigh

Thanks for the comments Steve. I see what you mean about wanting more of his face, but when I took the picture, this was exactly what I had in mind. I wanted it to focus on his little chubby hand. There's something so sweet about children's hands, slightly curled in sleep....and you can still see enough of his eyes to tell that he is in fact sleeping. Well, it was my vision anyway. Sometimes I guess it's just what a mom sees in her own child that makes a picture special to her and her alone. Thanks for looking.

12. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I love this shot, so young and innocent, it brings back warm memories when our son was that age. He is now College boy :D

Roosje

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Roosje. College seems so far away, but the way the past 3 years have flown by, I know it won't be too long before I'll be sending him off to University. You should post pictures of your son. We would love to see them.

14. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    He is at the age that he does not like his mum taking photos of him :( He does like using my photos though as desktop pictures though :D

Roosje

15. I too cast my vote for a great crop.