sweet child of mine...

I took this picture of Ryan a couple of weeks ago. He had fallen asleep on the floor and just looked so peaceful I couldn't resist. He's 3 years old now but he thinks he's fully grown....looking at this picture, I know he's still my sweet little baby.

sweet child of mine
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks everyone. He's such a sweet boy and this just captures the essence of who he is....sure, he's a rough and tumble boy most of the time! But then there are times when he just wants to crawl up in my lap and kiss me all over my face....There are times when he wants me to lay next to him in his big boy bed "just till i fall asleep mommy"...there are times he puts a blanket over his sleeping baby brother so he won't get cold....those are the times I captured here.

What a great capture, Leigh. The angle of the image along with the perfect crop makes that image so wonderful. You captured the moment well.

As a parent, I really appreciate this kind of shot. Well done, Leigh! I like it that you can't really see all of his face. I like his little hand, at rest! :)

H

Henk

great capture Leigh, the title makes me think of the best rock band on earth.....
She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky
now and then when I see her face she takes me away to that special place and if I'd stare too long I'd probably break down and cry whoooooooowhoooo sweet child of mine ;-)

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

Henk said:
great capture Leigh, the title makes me think of the best rock band on earth.....
She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky
now and then when I see her face she takes me away to that special place and if I'd stare too long I'd probably break down and cry whoooooooowhoooo sweet child of mine ;-)

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine
I absolutely love that song!!! When I titled the picture that's exactly what I thought of. Only difference is he's my son ;-) Even when he's 63 he'll still be my sweet child.

Re: Lovely shot Leigh

Steve S said:
Wished I could see his face a bit more, but I guess you know who it is!
Thanks for the comments Steve. I see what you mean about wanting more of his face, but when I took the picture, this was exactly what I had in mind. I wanted it to focus on his little chubby hand. There's something so sweet about children's hands, slightly curled in sleep....and you can still see enough of his eyes to tell that he is in fact sleeping. Well, it was my vision anyway. Sometimes I guess it's just what a mom sees in her own child that makes a picture special to her and her alone. Thanks for looking.

I love this shot, so young and innocent, it brings back warm memories when our son was that age. He is now College boy :D

Roosje

Thanks Roosje. College seems so far away, but the way the past 3 years have flown by, I know it won't be too long before I'll be sending him off to University. You should post pictures of your son. We would love to see them.

Leigh said:
Thanks Roosje. College seems so far away, but the way the past 3 years have flown by, I know it won't be too long before I'll be sending him off to University. You should post pictures of your son. We would love to see them.
He is at the age that he does not like his mum taking photos of him :( He does like using my photos though as desktop pictures though :D

Roosje

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom