Swim portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by mike mac, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Each year I have to grab some captures of the coaches, this is our new head coach in his first year and doing a fine job if I say so myself.
    I shot this and then desaturated and then using a layer mask painted in the pool reflections back in his sunglasses. Taken with the D2X and the 700-200VR with 1.4 tele
    original.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, that's a great shot...He's going to love it. I like the effect of the pool being the only color in the shot! Well done.

3. Love the shot Mike and your post processing is unique and interesting. Way to go.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Outstanding shot Mike

The angle of the light is superb. You really have the vision it takes to see the shots! Love the sunglass treatment too!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike...great shot...PM sent to offer a few more ideas.

6. Thanks Leigh I will print it 8x10 and mount it in a large 16x20 mattee and then have the kids on the team sign the matte and then fram it for award at the end of seson banquet

7. Thanks Gordon, the selective color seems to work in this one

8. Re: Outstanding shot Mike

Thnaks Steve I just looked up and saw him standign on the other side of the pool and the light was jsut right, this was shot at 420mm.

9. Thanks and thanks for the great link in the PM, I sat down with Lorrie and think we might go the route you suggested

10. Thanks Bryan