Swimming

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. These are terrific, Randy! Kids and water = great match. Your captures really convey a sense of motion in water. Love that last shot. :smile:

2. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice shots bud.......can't pick a favorite.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are nice Randy, did you use a CP filter? I've wanted to try shooting swimming as well, I need to get a move on. Your results are real nice.

4. thx Frank
    no cpl filter
    this was my 2nd meet....lots of great faces but where to stand is a challenge

5. thx Sandi...this was alot of fun.
    Lots of moms coming up to me asking for shots of their kids was great

6. thx GBR...this was my 2nd time doing swimming....could be good for smugmug revenue while i wait for soccer to start

7. Very nice Randy, like Frank I would have 'thought' a CPL was mandatory, but you've obviously done 'good' w/out it.

8. Aahz

Aahz

Jan 14, 2006
    Charlotte NC
    Great shots...I seem to have problems with this....

9. thx !

actually a cpl will only let you see past/under the water...I don't like the way CPL's block light...I have 2 but rarely use them....if i was shooting fish or someone swimming under water i'd use them.
    I set ev=-.3/.7 when i started getting too close to the right wall of the histogram and then back to 0 when i wasn't

10. thx Brian

if your son swims let's shoot a meet together....we also need to do a boat trip soon before the chicks leave the nest