Swimwear shot over the weekend

Discussion in 'People' started by yoda1975, May 14, 2007.

1. yoda1975

yoda1975

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    just to share a pic taken over the weekend on 13 May. :smile:

[​IMG]

taken with a s5pro + tokina 12-24/f4. apologies for a slightly dirty sensor on my s5pro. :tongue:

2. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    Stunning. Where can I get a model like that to stay at my house?

3. Difficult lighting, you did well. Not sure I like the angle as it makes her thighs and hips look large.

4. I Love the colours in the pic but if it is to show off the swimwear I don't think it is doing that. It looks like you are trying to sell clouds and sky.

Sarah

5. A tighter crop would be nicer, too much sky.

6. Had you moved her over to block the sun with her head it would've made an interesting back lite!
    JM2C's of course !

7. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    The lighting on her looks really good, but I would really like to see more of her.

8. yoda1975

yoda1975

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    thanks, folks, for all your good critique! appreciate them. i've to confess dat it has been a while since i last went for any model shoots ever since my son was born in 2006. :redface:

greyflash - u are right. i wasn't too comfortable with the angle too. i've yet to figure out how to frame a person (regardless the gender) properly with a WA lens WITHOUT giving their legs a distorted look. any tips would be greatly appreciated. :tongue:

9. If you want that kind of an angle don't use a WA lens but instead use a telephoto and place the model up on something. Large boulders, stairs, hillside, window, etc., all work and when a moderate telephoto is used it does not distort the perspective. No woman wants her thighs and hips to look larger than normal. People shots with a WA lens are just not very flattering.