Sydney boat marina, some late Friday afternoon pics

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Simon, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi guys,

Nothing too special here but was "running in" :) the D2X before I start using in serious jobs.

Just on sunset, in one of the many inlet harbours we have here, D2X using either Nikkors 35mm or 50mm and circ. polariser filter.

There's a couple of things I notice compared to the pics from my D2H, I used the same PS action to sharpen, resize and frame these ... they seem almost over-sharpened and instead of ~80Kb each they are about ~110Kb each. I better review this !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Simon:

That is some nice scenery you have there. I like all your images, but I am really drawn to the last one.......it seems to tell a story. Very nice!

3. Nice shots, Simon. Sydney Harbor is so beautiful. I could spend hours (& have) sitting on a bench staring across the water. Would like to go back now with my D2x instead of my old Canon G1. :)

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Lisa and Kevin.

The D2X is such a sweet camera. It's images seem incredibly "smooth" (aka tonal transitions), colour very true and sharpness OMG !

I love the water and beach areas here. I went up north of the city today and checked out one of my favourite shooting haunts.

see: https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=7715&highlight=

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    hi Monty

Your blood is worth bottling !

Thanks for those tips - it's frustrating to have to downsize to such small files.

There's so much detail in there.

I'm sympathetic to modem users - I used to be one. :(

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;