Syncing multiple strobes

So how does one connect more than one strobe to a camera? Even at BH I can find PC sync cords, but no "Y" connectors or anything else that suggests they can be chained or combined.

How does one do it?

Hi,
why still bother with cables?
Just take radio slave triggers and get rid of the strips. Not quite up to the pocket wizards, many ebay sets do their job for little more money than sync cords.

Carlsson

Actually he never addresses that, even though there is a photograph of a cord with two ends.

So has nobody ever synched up more than one strobe using cords?

Amazing.

Jez

Did you see the second link? There's a diagram that shows 2 strobes connected to one camera.

I was going to ask why you didn't want to go that route . . . thought there must be a reason . . . :smile:

The AB radio triggers are cheap though, and work very well.

I was going to ask why you didn't want to go that route . . . thought there must be a reason . . . :smile:

The AB radio triggers are cheap though, and work very well.
Yeah here I thought the "eye" button on the Elinchrom was for redeye reduction! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

On the ABs it's automatic if no pc cord is plugged in.

So the Elinchroms will fire off from the IR (or whatever it is) pulse given off by the SU? Interesting!
It works for me. Most of my studio work is head and shoulders stuff so the lights are not spread out. The other interesting find was that my Sekonic meter tries to read the IR as well, while my el-cheapo Polaris meter does not.

So the Elinchroms will fire off from the IR (or whatever it is) pulse given off by the SU? Interesting!
My Flashpoint strobe will fire from the IR of the SU-800 but it has to be LINE OF SIGHT only so it's pretty limiting. I just use the optical slave.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom