T & F - second try

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by amanita, Jun 30, 2007.

1. It was rainy in the morning but improved later. The youngest group competed partly inside. I wasn't taking much pictures outside because of wet conditions and I am not comfortable with it yet. I really have to think about my own routine on such a day. I was OK at the end when sun came out.

Here are some pictures. Ema was doing great and improved both results on 60m and long jump.

Ema_jump_1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shot

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    This is just your *second* try???

Wow! Really..these are really good! Even more impressive is that this is from your second outing.

4. Thanks, Gale and Jeff.

In the afternoon our club hosted national championships for younger seniors - up to 23 years of age, I guess. My kids were caddies and I got some shots of future champions. Have a look to some of them here.

DSC_1170.

5. what else can i say but
    that's a GREAT shot

6. Thanks, Randy!

I am learning, slowly but firmly. And enjoy it all the way. Interesting how everybody gets out of my way when I appear with a DSLR. I am not used to it and keep turning around to see if I am blocking a pro behind me . :confused:

7. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Track and Field is fun to shoot

What I love about shooting T&F is that there is a single, gut-busting, moment where every fiber of the athlete's body and soul is strained to the point of...you know what I mean.

You caught it in the pole vaulter's pic! Nice work!

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Now that looks like fun...great shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful shots

10. Very nice

11. Wonderful shots Ales, love the colors in that javelin throw...

12. Thank you all!

Sorry for late reply but I am enjoying my vacation and it is quite hard to get 'net access here. And to be honest, I don't really miss it. :smile:

13. You know how nice those shots are don't you? The javelin shot is great but the kid in the air is special.

14. Thanks, steveking! I already imagine myself in 40 years sitting on a porch looking at these memories as holograms. :cool: