Taggart Lake Hike (warning lots of photos)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Yesterday morning Greg, Melissa, and I got up at 4:15 a.m. and drove to Teton Park. The last time we were there I bought a book describing day hikes in the park. We want to try them all.......

Here are some photos from the Taggart Lake, Bradley Lake hike that we took yesterday. We hiked for about 6 miles. It was glorious. We saw moose, deer, rock chucks, and a BEAR! He was coming toward us on the trail. Greg got some videos of him, but I didn't get my lens changed in time to catch a photo.

I would love any critique on my postprocessing. The colors were very vibrant yesterday. I enhanced them even more. Hope I didn't go too far.

The trail is on the left of this photo. Quite a gorgeous view as we were hiking toward the mountains.

The air was perfectly still as we got to the lake.

View attachment 99975

Melissa was smiling, even though we got her up so early........ There was no time for make up and hairdos before we left. (BTW, you'll not see a photo of me in that condition!)

View attachment 99976

Another trail shot

View attachment 99977

Taggart Lake

View attachment 99978

The "Grand"

View attachment 99979

View of a distant peak

View attachment 99980

How I wish you were all here to hike with me! BTW, we did not see another person until the last half hour of our hike. All these shots were done in complete privacy and seclusion.
  2. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    These made me whistle outloud! All of these are gorgeous but the last one is a stunner. I love the way you composed that image. Wow what a day!
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They all look great Terri
  4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Wow! What scenery - looks like a place to visit often.
  5. These are all very nice.
  6. Beautiful set, Terri.

Looks like a very enjoyable hike.
  7. niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Terri...these are jaw droppers....Simply fantastic !
  8. tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Great shots Terri!!

I love that second one. What a beautiful place.

9. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    things have greened up nicely since the time we were there in 2000, that hike was one of my favorites because of the great reflections, made for some great photo ops. Of course they were on film!

you shot the area so very well this day, congrats and great shots,

10. Spectacular Terri. Thanks for posting these. I wish I could spend a whole summer there.
  11. Just my kind of country, Terri. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics. Sure do miss the high country.
  12. What a beautiful area you live in! But I see you also had to pay for it (4:15am :eek:).

All your pictures are very beautiful, that lake looks very peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

As for the PP I think you were successful in not overdoing it, but you're very near the point where I would have thought that it is too much. Maybe I would have kept them slightly less saturated, but as I do not know the actual scene, I do not know for sure. I know that on very clear air colors tend to look very vivid, so I think it's ok the way you did.
  13. Awesome shots.
  14. These are all great. However, I really like #2 and the last one alot. The reflection in #2 is perfect. The last shot just makes me stare at my screen. Fantastic series.
  15. F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Great looking shots and a really nice looking hike.
  16. Neat shots Terri....looks like a great hike :biggrin:
  17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Thank you. Glad you enjoyed my hike, too!

Hi Gale. Thanks.

If I had my way--I'd be there all summer. I can't visit it nearly enough. There's always magic there!
  18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Hi Vern. Thanks.

It was a great hike. You and your family would love it!

Glad you enjoyed them. It is a gorgeous place to be able to take photos.
  19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    I could have stayed by that lake all morning and watched the reflection. Too bad we had a wedding to attend at home later in the day, so we had to keep moving. Thanks for your comment.

Were the effects of the fire still there in 2000? June is such a pretty time to visit the park as everything is so green. It won't be too long and the hot summer will make everything brown. Wish I could go there every weekend in June.......

I know how you feel, Brian. It is such a magical place.
  20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    I agree about the countryside here. I wish I could be there more often, too...

Yes 4:30 is an awful time to have to get up. But, it is too expensive for us to stay in the park very often, so we make lots of EARLY morning drives to get there for the best light. Thanks for the comments about the saturation. Glad you think I didn't cross that fine line of overdoing it.