Taggart Lake Trail in Grand Teton National Park

Last Friday we had a crazy storm here. The roads heading toward Jackson Hole, Wyoming from Idaho Falls were all closed. But by late morning on Saturday one of them opened up and we headed east to Grand Teton National Park. There is a lot of snow everywhere. I have actually loved winter this year because we have been able to get out on several outings like this one.

#1 Taken from the car at the top of Teton Pass (this has become a big time back country ski area).
DSC_4207.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Our goal was to snowshoe on the Taggart Lake Trail. The tops of the Tetons were covered with clouds, but the sun was out and it was a beautiful walk.

#2 The trail was firm enough that we didn't even have to wear our snowshoes. This one was shared as B&W in the CS.
DSC_4239-Edit.jpg

#3 Stopping for a break as we were climbing up the mountain we looked back toward the valley and the parking lot in the distance.
DSC_4244-Edit.jpg

#4 At the top of the hill looking toward the mountains that were covered in clouds.
DSC_4248-Edit.jpg

DSC_4254-Edit.jpg

#6 Looking toward one of the canyons in the Teton range. I'm not sure of the name of the canyon. The snow was so pristine and beautiful.
DSC_4261-Edit.jpg

#7 The drive home was gorgeous. There is really no place to stop and get out and take photos with all the snow, so I took a couple through the window as we were driving.

DSC_4275-Edit.jpg

DSC_4301.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Looks like you had a nice day, Terri. I really like nos.6 and 8 for the composition and content. You've really been taking your camera outdoors this winter.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Really an enjoyable set of images, Terri! Getting out and doing things really keeps the spirits up!

Beautiful scenes, Terri, and well photographed. I envy you having an area like this out your back door, so to speak.

That little Z50 and kit lens is wonderful for outings like this, isn't it?

Looks like you had a nice day, Terri. I really like nos.6 and 8 for the composition and content. You've really been taking your camera outdoors this winter.
We have actually had a fairly mild winter. There has been a lot of snow lately, but the temps have been relatively mild.....no below zero. It has been a joy to be able to get out. Some winters we aren't that lucky.

Beautiful scenes, Terri, and well photographed. I envy you having an area like this out your back door, so to speak.

That little Z50 and kit lens is wonderful for outings like this, isn't it?
I feel pretty blessed to live close to such amazing landscapes. Sometimes the weather keeps us cooped up all winter, but this year we have been able to get out more. I'm so grateful for that. I love the Z50 for outings like this one. It is so small and light, but the IQ is top notch. The kits lenses are such a pleasant surprise.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom