Tahlah-my Saluki

Discussion in 'Birds' started by saluki13, Apr 28, 2005.

1. saluki13

saluki13

Mar 27, 2005
    MA, USA
    Hi-
    learning how to post images and thought I had posted this one. My apologies if it shows up twice!

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shot of a beautiful animal. If you've browsed the Cafe much, then you know that there are a bunch of animal lovers here (including me). My wife Janie and I have two wonderful kitties that we treat like kings (or queens as the case may be....;-)).

If you hang around here long enough, you'll get to know them all (mine and everyone else's) by name.... :)

Regards,

Frank

3. saluki13

saluki13

Mar 27, 2005
    MA, USA
    Thanks, Frank! I absolutely love my doggies-they are my furry children. How nice to be among animal lovers.

Did I post that pic correctly? I thought that by surrounding the pic with the tags that it would show up in the post. I also tried it the other way with the tags and got the same results.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!

Thanks and hugs to your kitties.

Patty

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I clicked on the link. What pretty dogs. I like the "leaping" shot the best. The lighting is very lovely on that one.

5. Beautiful image and the lighting is superb. Well done.

6. I think the problem is with the FM hosting site. The URL you have listed seems to be for the page not for the single image. You might pursue this with Fred or his tech support to see how you can select just the image.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Patty,

I agree with Gordon. When I saw your first pic post, I tried to figure out how to access the image directly, but it looks like it is being served from a database, not as a link to a .jpg. Someone at FM should be able to tell you how though.

If not, you can always set up a smugmug or pbase page. :?

Frank

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Beautiful Saluki shot! Does this embedding work?

btw, what's yur first name? All I did was right click on the image, and go to properties, then copy the URL from there. BTW, you're gonna need to learn how to downsize them and [post the original. When a forum's software does it, the quality and sharpness really deterierates.
    [​IMG]

9. Steve is right. I did the same thing and right clicked on the image at the FM site. I then went to properties and copied that and then pasted it in your original post. Let me know if you have problems in the future.

10. Beautiful image image of a gorgeous dog. I think saying I am a dog lover is an understatement..Thnxs for sharing and keep the pics coming!

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice action shot Patty! While I have a cat, my girlfriend has two 'quarter sized' poodles (too big to be minis but inches too short to be standards.) So I 'get' to photograph them often!

13. is this a shaved english setter? Regardless of the breed and excellent capture of a playful moment in time.

14. What a beautiful animal!!! :D :D :D :D

15. saluki13

saluki13

Mar 27, 2005
    MA, USA
    Thanks to all!

It is so nice to be here with all of you!

Thanks for the help in posting the pic -will try the suggestion and see what happens.

As for the dog -she is a Saluki, one of the oldest breeds of dog in the sighthound family.

Thanks, also for the nice comments re the pic itself. She was out back and sawy something in the grass and somehow I got the shot. :D

This is such a nice forum!

Patty