Taipei Night Market

Based on a recommendation in the Cafe, I picked up Jason Odell's eBook to read on the plane ride back from Taipei. So, here are a few that I took at one of the night markets with a D3s and the 50mm f/1.2.

TPE%20Street%20Scene_231_B%26W.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TPE%20Street%20Scene_233.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_237.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_279.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_280.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_287.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_353.jpg

TPE%20Street%20Scene_402.jpg

I lived in Taipei for several years in the mid-90s, and the night market was one of my favorite places to eat. The BBQ corn with chili sauce (seen in pic #1) is particularly good. Which night market did you go? The nearest near me was Tung Hua street night market. I will be going back to Taipei for business in April, and I will make sure I hit a night market.

Real nice Todd. A short glimpse into something new for me. I like your processing. 3,5,6 are my favorites.
What animal is that in #4 ?

OMG - you went so suddenly from food to pets that I thought 'YUCK - they're eating PUPPIES!!!' Had to stop & study the images...whew!

I really like #1 - she's covered for sterility and he's touching the food. Perfect catch.

I lived in Taipei for several years in the mid-90s, and the night market was one of my favorite places to eat. The BBQ corn with chili sauce (seen in pic #1) is particularly good. Which night market did you go? The nearest near me was Tung Hua street night market. I will be going back to Taipei for business in April, and I will make sure I hit a night market.

Had to go find my maps. The are from the Linjiang Night Market, just southwest of the Grand Hyatt and Taipei 101. I posted some color shots in the 50mm f/1.2 lens lust thread.

Excellent Street & Processing!

Thank you

Real nice Todd. A short glimpse into something new for me. I like your processing. 3,5,6 are my favorites.
What animal is that in #4 ?

Dog of some sort. Not food. :biggrin:

OMG - you went so suddenly from food to pets that I thought 'YUCK - they're eating PUPPIES!!!' Had to stop & study the images...whew!

I really like #1 - she's covered for sterility and he's touching the food. Perfect catch.

You had the same thoughts as I had when I saw him touching the corn and then when I came around the corner and saw the pet shop. I figured it was just my odd sense of humor. :biggrin:

Some nice market and street shots. Like the B/w.

I really liked the bright colors of the market, but I felt these photos would have been throwaways without going to B&W. Thanks for your compliments.

Nice series, Todd. Never been to Taipei, but love that whole part of the world! Thanks for sharing!

Funny thing is, I was tired that night and almost didn't go out. Glad I rallied. Thanks

I had the same question about the dog or whatever it is in pic #4. Loved #5. It's like she is looking up and him and begging him to buy the doggie in the window. How could anyone refuse that dog - it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I have one that is two years old. She is just a dear and a great family dog.

I had the same question about the dog or whatever it is in pic #4. Loved #5. It's like she is looking up and him and begging him to buy the doggie in the window. How could anyone refuse that dog - it's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and I have one that is two years old. She is just a dear and a great family dog.

Here's the next one in her begging: :biggrin:

TPE%20Street%20Scene_281.jpg

Very nice Todd. I like 1 and 7 best. Never been to Taipei. Markets are great for photos. I went to HS is Japan, and used to love to visit the fish market there for photos.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom