Take A Deep Breath.....

I've only had a minutes here and there to be on the cafe. Life happens sometimes. Greg's siblings gathered for a few days to spend time with his mom who is 99 and lives on her own. Some of them stayed with us. Then my Mom went to the doctor and he was alarmed that she has lost 20 lbs in the past year and weighs about 98 lbs. now. So I took her to get a CT scan....then the waiting started. Four days later the doctor said he wanted her and dad to come in for an appointment (in four more days) and it was important. We were all afraid of the worst. It was a long four days, but during that four days we had birthday parties for 3 family members. The appointment came and the doctor first of all gave good news....no signs of tumors or cancer, but there is a problem with her lungs. So I took her for four hours of appointments on Tuesday. Yesterday she had a procedure at the hospital where they put her under anesthesia and looked in her lungs and cleaned out all the junk. I couldn't help with that because Greg and I had agreed to be in charge of a Red Cross Blood Drive at our church that day. The blood drive was very successful.....50 donors....but we were there for many hours. Can I say that I am exhausted today?! I need to take a deep breath and prepare for more company coming tomorrow. I miss you all. Hope to be back soon. My camera is needing to see some use. This is the only photo I have to share....from my phone, of the Red Cross setting up for the blood drive. Didn't think it would be appropriate to take any photos once the drive started.
IMG_0357[26].JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Wow, 99 hey... You need to slow down a little, put your feet up, maybe a glass of wine, or 2, or perhaps the whole bottle... 🍷🍷 🍾 ;) :)
My Grandmother lived to 105 & my Grandfather to 107, can only hope that I get anywhere near that... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
Wow. 99 surely is impressive Terri. My wife's grandmother will 101 on New Years Day 2020. She also still lives at home, but her 70-something year old daughter lives with and takes care of her. Isn't it amazing to think of all these centenarians have been a witness to in their lives – the end of the gilded age, the stock market crash of 1929, WWII, the advent of flight and automotive travel, the technology age all the way to our present powerful smartphones, to cellular and wifi and internet communications, and so many other things that are far too numerous to mention.

God bless these souls. They have seen a great many things come to be and could surely offer sage wisdom if we only listen.

Wow. 99 surely is impressive Terri. My wife's grandmother will 101 on New Years Day 2020. She also still lives at home, but her 70-something year old daughter lives with and takes care of her. Isn't it amazing to think of all these centenarians have been a witness to in their lives – the end of the gilded age, the stock market crash of 1929, WWII, the advent of flight and automotive travel, the technology age all the way to our present powerful smartphones, to cellular and wifi and internet communications, and so many other things that are far too numerous to mention.

God bless these souls. They have seen a great many things come to be and could surely offer sage wisdom if we only listen.
Listening, especially listening for comprehension as opposed to listening to reply, has fallen into disuse.

Consider this a big hug from our family to yours, Terri. So sad that it takes most of us a lifetime to figure out what's right under our noses: family is the only thing that counts (or lasts).

Wow, 99 hey... You need to slow down a little, put your feet up, maybe a glass of wine, or 2, or perhaps the whole bottle... 🍷🍷 🍾 ;) :)
My Grandmother lived to 105 & my Grandfather to 107, can only hope that I get anywhere near that... :rolleyes:
Thanks so much. Not much chance of slowing down right now. But life is good. Lots of people to love.

It is so interesting to think of what Greg's mom and my parents have experienced. They are often so amazed by what we can do on phones. Of course, they can't see well enough or think fast enough to learn how to use them, but they love to have us find information for them. My mother in law went to school in a horse drawn wagon.

Listening, especially listening for comprehension as opposed to listening to reply, has fallen into disuse.

Consider this a big hug from our family to yours, Terri. So sad that it takes most of us a lifetime to figure out what's right under our noses: family is the only thing that counts (or lasts).
You are right there. Family is everything. I am blessed with a large one. It keeps me so busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've only had a minutes here and there to be on the cafe. Life happens sometimes. Greg's siblings gathered for a few days to spend time with his mom who is 99 and lives on her own. Some of them stayed with us. Then my Mom went to the doctor and he was alarmed that she has lost 20 lbs in the past year and weighs about 98 lbs. now. So I took her to get a CT scan....then the waiting started. Four days later the doctor said he wanted her and dad to come in for an appointment (in four more days) and it was important. We were all afraid of the worst. It was a long four days, but during that four days we had birthday parties for 3 family members. The appointment came and the doctor first of all gave good news....no signs of tumors or cancer, but there is a problem with her lungs. So I took her for four hours of appointments on Tuesday. Yesterday she had a procedure at the hospital where they put her under anesthesia and looked in her lungs and cleaned out all the junk. I couldn't help with that because Greg and I had agreed to be in charge of a Red Cross Blood Drive at our church that day. The blood drive was very successful.....50 donors....but we were there for many hours. Can I say that I am exhausted today?! I need to take a deep breath and prepare for more company coming tomorrow. I miss you all. Hope to be back soon. My camera is needing to see some use. This is the only photo I have to share....from my phone, of the Red Cross setting up for the blood drive. Didn't think it would be appropriate to take any photos once the drive started.View attachment 1648742
We need a lot more people in the world like you! Take care of yourself please.

I got tired reading that. Please do take a mental health break. You've got a lot in your head right now. Hope your mother is recovering and it's great your MIL is enjoying life at 99.

I got tired reading that. Please do take a mental health break. You've got a lot in your head right now. Hope your mother is recovering and it's great your MIL is enjoying life at 99.
Greg and I are going on a little vacation next week to Zion National Park. Hopefully it will be warm. It was only 25 degrees for a high here today with windy conditions. Winter has come early to Idaho. The desert southwest will be a welcome relief!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom