Take a look at this pic for me PLEASE

Is this pic sharp? Please let me know what you think. Also lemme kno what u think of the minor PP i did to the pic.
Thanx

jojo1-1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not sharp in the important places. Generally speaking, in a people shot, the eyes have to be in focus.

No. The focus plane appears to be about an inch forward of the seam running along his left shoulder, possibly 2" behind his eyes.

Here is your Exif data. I think you're doing everything right. You're shooting AP, the shutter seems fine...especially shooting with a flash. Try doing this. Shoot at F5.6 and up the ISO to about 400 and try it again.

EXIF_DATA.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is your Exif data...

Thanks Seneca, I guess I should've done that. :smile:
One thing I'm wondering is whether the minimum focus distance on the lens had been reached. Mostly I'm trying to figure out why the shirt was sharp and the face was not.

One thing I'm wondering is whether the minimum focus distance on the lens had been reached. Mostly I'm trying to figure out why the shirt was sharp and the face was not.

Yeah I'm thinking he's too close. Do this...while your lens is an 18MM (at close range)...pull out a little to about 25mm and reshoot. I was thinking the same thing too. The spot appears to be sharp around his shirt.

Change your metering to pattern...see if that works.

ETA: Ok his focus is at 52mm.

This was shot with my D80 and 18-200mm VR.

Okay, according to the Nikon Spec sheet, the minimum focus distance for that lens is about 20 inches. Were you that close? If not, like Seneca said, it might be an issue with which focus mode you're using.

Okay, according to the Nikon Spec sheet, the minimum focus distance for that lens is about 20 inches. Were you that close? If not, like Seneca said, it might be an issue with which focus mode you're using.

I think I might have been too close.

Latest threads

Top Bottom