Take off shot (No Pine Cones)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 6, 2007.

1. This is a take off shot from this morning, Problem with 500 was operator error.

[​IMG]

2. Nice capture of a difficult shot Gary.
    A wonderful and magnificent bird, thanks for sharing.

3. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Nice shot and a beautifull bird!

4. Thank You Darrell

They are a Magnificent bird

Thank You Stuart

Your Flammingos were outstanding also

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty shot
    I like the filtered light(making it harder to shoot) and the natural background.
    Makes a very nice picture

6. Thanks Gale

It could have used a little more shutter speed but I was afraid of noise if I raised ISO in the shadows like that.

7. A very beautiful shot!! I do have to say, every time I see talons like that, it makes me want to run and grab the doggie nail clippers. I'm a fanatic of "no clicking on the floors" and these talons drive me batty!! :tongue: :biggrin:

8. Thanks

I doubt if she would click on your floors and They very useful for bring home lunch. LOL She can spear and fish at 30 MPH with them babies.

9. Hahhaha, I know I know......but they still make my clipper hand twitch! :tongue:

10. LOL, Thanks for the chuckle Gretchen

11. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I missed seeing this one Gary and it's a beauty! I know how fast this happens and you captured takeoff at a perfect moment.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Operator error, heh? This is a gorgeous shot and timed perfectly. The background is ideal for creating the ambience of this capture.

13. Thank you very much friend, The operator error was I somehow had turned on the Focus preset on the lens and was gertting OOF pictures particularly with motion such as flying. I turned it off and the problem seems to have gone with it.

14. That's a tough BG for this shot and you captured it very nice. This is a good looking bird Gary.
    Lou

15. Thanks For looking Lou

I really appreciate your comment as I have seen your picture.