Take Your Camera To Work Day!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by eng45ine, Jun 12, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well, not exactly, but I wanted to play with "The Beast" and thought that I would bring my camera stuff to work. During our morning vehicle checks, I shot a few images of the guys checking our ladder tower...$875.000 worth of power, style and grace. It looks bulky but it drives like a dream and is fun like crazy to work with...

Ladder Tower 51... "The Tower of Power"

The pump operator's panel...pull a few levers, idle it up, then 2000 gallons of water per minute..."Surf's Up"
    View attachment 10354

From the basket, "Tupes" takes the ladder up to exercise the gears and piston...when fully extended, he would be 100 feet from the ground
    View attachment 10355

I hope you like the images....

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice shots.

What power for sure...
    thanks for sharing.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Gale...I was just playing around. Glad that you enjoyed them.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, my son who is almost 3 loved these! He's really starting to get into fire engines! He gets excited whenever we pass a firehouse. Guess I'll have to take him up to our local one and maybe he can have a tour....Thanks for sharing...we really enjoyed these shots...

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Leigh,

I'm glad the kids enjoyed the images...many people, young and older, are interested in fire apparatus. It must be the shiny red paint, chrome and the flashing lights. We get many people coming to the door asking for tours and to be able to sit in the driver's seat. If you take the kids, I'm sure that you will bring your camera. I always take pictures of the kids that come to the firehouse and send the images to their families. What might now be a shiny, new fire engine...someday will be an "old fashioned" shiny red fire truck with a little kid smiling for the camera. An image that they may cherish for a lifetime.

Thanks for checking out my images, Leigh.

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    very nice, I like the control panel shot best. thanks for sharing.

I grew up in Quincy way south of you but I remember one fire in the dead of winter where the trucks and hoses were frozen to the ground and the firefighters were chipping what seemed like 2 inches of ice from thier boots.

If poeple really want to know about fires they should come around when ya'll have to clean up your gear to keep it nice and shiny.

As far as I'm concerned you guys can just sit around and wait till we need ya and I'll be glad to pay the taxes cause we know you'll be there.

Thanks for serving your community.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Greg...I truly appreciate your very kind words. The fire service has been very good to me and my family. I've seen alot in my 27 years and I will have memories to last a lifetime. I've assisted in the delivery of 4 babies, treated the second patient poisoned by the infamous tainted-Tylenol tablets and the list of oddities goes on and on. It's been a great career and I will always cherish my friendships...the laughing...the crying and the effects of September 11, 2001 on all of us. When the bells go off, we are a fine-tuned machine...and when no bells...we are "F-Troop"

Thanks again Greg!

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I second what Greg said. Thank you for your service. As a technical guy I also like the pump panel. Leigh is right we need to take the boys to the firehouse.

Cheers to you and yours.

9. Samir

Samir

Apr 8, 2005
    Nice shots. I love the angles and composition.

10. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very nice photos Frank! That is a gorgeous truck, I love the big ladder trucks, thank you for sharing.

Like Leigh and Patrick, my 3 year old daughter loves fire trucks. She wanted to have her 4th birthday party at the firehouse (kids used to do that in Ohio), but they do not allow them at the fire houses here.

The other thing here in Florida, we have those odd greenish-yellow colored trucks :( Growing up being taught fire trucks are red, it seems odd seeing the bright keylime colored things.

Joe

11. Nice crisp clean shots Frank....well done!! :D :D :D

12. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Frank,

Nice shots...made me smile. Many of my friends here are fireman. Looks like Ladder 1 here in Salem...though that one's a little larger. Gotta love Pierce, huh?

;)

Cheers,

C