Taken 30 years ago.

Taken over 30 years ago in northern Idaho. Found this slide in the bottom of a box and wanted to see what it was. Scanned it, liked it. Converted it to b&w and liked it even more. Tired of digital...it all looks the same. Time to break out the FE and the 645 and get back into film.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing something wrong. Can't get the image to come up inside the post.
This image? Right click on the image, select properties, copy the URL. Paste the URL into the picture logo on the thread (or [IM] [/IM] with the URL in between, I left the G's out)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Not showing up here. It looks like you are using a temporary pbase address. Those i.pbase.com addresses change a short while after posting. Please read the Tutiki article on how to post from Pbase:

[tutiki]Posting_Images_from_Pbase[/tutiki]

Yeah. Very cool. Down the runway...
As impressive as the razor sharp exotic raptor in flight shots in the birds forum are, I have to admit I almost like gulls and city pigeons shots better... :)

Taken on the shore of Lake Pend Oreille right there in Sandpoint. Sandpoint is one of my favorite places. Used to spend alot of time there skiing at Schweitzer in the winter and spending time on the lake in the summer. I envy you...one of the most beautiful places on earth. Looking forward to seeing some photos from the area.

Regards

Clayton, my brother and I were adopted by the Ruyles and saw Sandpoint for
the first time in 1957. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven, yes, it was
a fantastic place to live, growing up. Skied at Schweitzer Basin (as it was known
then, in 1963). I have very few pictures of the area, will have to dig them up,
my mom has all the ones stored in albums I took in younger days.

Tired of digital...it all looks the same. Time to break out the FE and the 645 and get back into film.
Heck yeah! Couldn't agree more! I do like my D200 though. :smile: But man, all my best shots from the year so far have been on film and that's not a coincidence either. I've been shooting way too much digital lately and am pleased to report that I have seven undeveloped rolls of film sitting on my desk that I just need to send off to NCPS or drop off at Costco. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Great shot by the way! :cool:

I've been shooting way too much digital lately and am pleased to report that I have seven undeveloped rolls of film sitting on my desk that I just need to send off to NCPS or drop off at Costco.
I heard Costco doesn't develop film anymore :frown: I'm not sure if that's just local or nationwide.

well geez! The last time I was in mine a week or two ago they still had all of their film stuff running. Hope they didn't close it down - that would suck. :frown: It's not uncommon for me to see developed film hanging out waiting to get cut and scanned whenever I'm there, so apparently there's still a fair amount of film shooters in my area. Yeah maybe it's just your local one.

Maybe (and hopefully for you) it's just my local one - it's been like this for at least several weeks here, so you're probably okay if you just saw it a week or two ago :smile: I guess not enough film shooters in my area...strange, considering the dense population of the city I live in...oh well. My local CVS completely scratched up (to the point of irrecoverable beyond my skills) certain photos I had them develop a week ago. Needless to say, I was pretty mad.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom