Taking A Break....(pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Hi all:
    Thought I would drop in and post a quick image...
    I did this earlier today for my daughter. I posted it in such a way so those folks who are still interested in the exif info can see it.

I just thought it was a fun way to create a sports image...

The link is here:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/51170995

Hope you enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very nice Doug....
    You are so good with light. Wow.

What a great vision you have.

3. Very creative! I like it Doug...

4. Excellent!

5. Well done job Doug. I like the composition and the lighting.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'll just say you are amazing with light! I have enough trouble controlling the light around me...I don't think I'd know what to do if someone asked me to throw more light into the mix...but you definitely bring it to a new level! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. 30 second exposure! how did you get her to be that still? I am guessing that this is another example of you controlling light to create art (yes, I read that other thread). Superb job. I looked at this photo for some time, it just draws you in. I have to admit that I am very fond of low key photography. Cool shot.

Edit: I just spent some time looking around Dougs Pbase site. Do yourselves a favor and check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  8. Way to go Doug, you have done it again. Excellent treatment of this interesting image. You da man.

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I was wondering the same thing.. 30 seconds is a very long time not to move.

Great photograph Doug.

10. Thanks everyone...
    The more I do this type of image the better I like them. I find it a challenge to not just get the shot but to try and create the light and feel that one wants.
    The down side to me liking this... is you will be forced to follow along (via posts) as I journey into the DARK HOLE of what is possible and what is not... Oh well there could be worse things... Photographing my thumb or something...lol… could fascinate me

Now Matt, you surprise me.... I thought I kept that rust-bucket collection of images out of the public eye....
    Just kidding... Thanks for the kind words.

11. Doug,

Your work is so awesome. I never saw such a superb job even though I know there are many great photographers on this forum too. So my hats off to you and the others who do such wonders of work.

As for the 30 sec exp. That is a long time however it used to be longer in the old days. I can't imagine sitting 30 seconds with my foot on a ball. How many shots did it take you to for this shot?

12. Stacy was in a big hurry as she was studying for a test at school. So I took a total of (2) shot's.
    I'm actually not all that happy with this image and will do a better job next time I give it a go.
    Thanks for the kind words.

13. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Congradulations on a job well done. Not only is the lighting captivating but I admire your use of the second ball lying a short distance from her creating a nice triangle with her body and the ball under her foot as the base and the further ball as the point. As anyone that knows me can tell, I love 'created' pictures and I especially like a minimum of distractions in a photograph.
    You did it all in one whack! :smile:
    Jarrell