Taking a break!

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Over the weekend, Patrick and my dad dug a ditch and ran new electricity to the pump for my well. This is great for me because it means I will get to have a garden again this summer! Yum, fresh veggies!

The weather was very nice, low humidity w/temps in the mid 70's. Needless to say, our boys played outside all weekend. Here a few of them having fun....and one of their daddy taking a break!

Benjamin...cooling it in the shade
    [​IMG]

Ryan..."mommy, my lip hurts where I fell out of the swingset"
    [​IMG]

Patrick...Taking a break from ditch digging
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    cute boys

the boys are cute. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Nice hat Patrick!

3. Patrick, the finesse with which you blow bubbles is simply amazing. Leigh you have caught this beautifully. Cute boys all.

4. Great pictures Leigh!! I went with the potted vegies this year. I made a 5x8 garden a couple of years ago and it about killed me!! ARGH!! It is a lot of work. Good luck with it!! How big will it be, and what do you plan to grow?? :)

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Greg and Gordon. I'm rather proud of my kids...they are good boys usually. Times like what I captured here are the ones I love the most! The shot of patrick was a sneak attack! But catching the bubbles wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...

Brian, I've had a garden before...same spot but last year I had a problem with the power that runs to my well and so I wasn't able to have a garden. I was really disappointed as it was the first year after 2 consecutive years of being pregnant that I wasn't pregnant (I didn't garden when I was pregnant because I couldn't bend over!). So this year I decided I wanted to garden again.

The plot is about 16"x32". It's a raised bed...slightly raised w/railroad ties. This year I plan on having Okra, yellow squash, zuccinni, 2 kinds of cucumbers, bell peppers, 2 kinds of hot peppers, green beans and 4 types of tomatoes. And in the fall I'm planning on having broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and collard greens. Mmmm, my mouth is already watering!

6. WHOA!! You are a serious gardener!! :D :D :D :D

7. Leigh, you're one h*** of a gardener if you can get all that into 16" x 32" *LOL* I think you hit the inch key instead of the feet key!! *LMAO* I just love garden tomatoes, still warm from the sunshine, white bread (yeah yeah yeah, not good for you!) slathered with mayonaisse and black pepper - now THAT is a summertime sandwich!
    Great shots of the kids, ALL of them, esp the big one!! Tell him that they now make bubble stuff that the bubble actually turns solid and doesn't break! Drives my cats nuts :)

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ooops, I didn't even see that about the feet/inch....duh! Yeah, I'm w/you on the fresh tomatoes from the garden....lots of mayo....salt and pepper....yummy!

So, about the stuff for the bubbles...I guess I don't know about it...care to fill me in?

Leigh